Chapter 2

It felt great to be back to school although I did have an amazing holiday. My best friend, Tia Carlson, had gone to Iowa to spend Christmas with her relatives. That was the low point. I barely spent time with her as she went two days after school ended. But I wasn't in short of friends. Apart from the popularity, I had a few best friends who I could trust with my life.

As we headed to the building, I tried to spot familiar faces. I saw Stella, Noah's girlfriend, run up to us. I gave her a hug and moved away as she kissed Noah. I couldn't exactly ask them to not kiss in front of me. All I could do was give some privacy as well as spare myself the sight of them making out.

I saw two heads of dark hair a few feet away from me. Zoey and David were talking as I rushed to meet them.

"Have any of you seen Tia?" I asked after I had hugged them both.

"Now, thats rude. We meet after so many days and you ask about Tia!" David said, looking genuinely hurt.

"I met you last week," I stated.

"Still!" There was an ounce of pain to his voice, shocking me.

"I'm sorry, David. I didn't mean to - "

David's laugh interrupted my monotone. "I wasn't serious, darling" he grinned. " I know you want to see your best friend, who I assume hasn't called you yet?" he said , still laughing.

"She hasn't," I confirmed. "And you can stop laughing. I know you weren't actually offended or anything."

"Good gracious." David raised an eyebrow.

"Ignore him, Kirsten," Zoey said. "We all know how Dave's brain works."

"It doesn't," I said, completely serious, before Zoey and I burst out laughing.

"Joke all you want. I'll get back at you, someday," David said as the bell started ringing. "I'll see you both later." With a small wave, he walked away.

I smirked. "It gives me a strange pleasure annoying him like that."

"I know exactly how you feel," Zoey grinned, as we walked towards Homeroom.

As we neared the class, I saw a familiar shade of platinum blond hair. Tia was dressed in a full sleeved dress with stockings, which was very much her style.

"Tee!" I called.

"Kirsten!" She exclaimed, turning around. I rushed forward to hug her. She wrapped her arms tightly around me, before she turned to Zoey.

"I'm sorry I didn't call," Tia said. "I had a major case of jet lag."

"Its okay, Tia" I smiled. "I'm just glad you're back. I missed you so much."

" I missed you too, Kirsten," she replied.

"C'mon you guys. We're late," Zoey reminded us.

I walked inside class, taking in the familiar surroundings, and moved to an empty seat at the back of the room.

The second bell rang and the teacher entered. I sank down in my seat, wondering what this day would bring to my life.

(A/N) Banner by @Colors_Fun 

Dont forget to comment and vote :D <3