Chapter 1

He stood in front of me looking into my eyes. He was coming closer and in that moment, I knew. Harry Styles was about to kiss me! Suddenly something hit my arm and my eyes shot open.

My brother, Noah, was hitting my arm, attempting to wake me up.

Now that really pissed me off. My dream wasn't even complete because of Noah. I mean, Harry and I could have kissed for all I know.  

"Noah! I'm getting up." I screamed, as he slapped my arm one last time.

"Grouchy much?"

"If you wake me up like that, do you expect me to be dancing around here?"

Noah just shrugged. He was already dressed up in jeans and a grey t-shirt, his brown hair - the same color as mine - combed and styled perfectly. I rolled my eyes and headed to the bathroom.

"Hurry up," Noah called.

Honestly, I really don't understand what his problem is. Just because he gets up at the crack of dawn doesn't mean I have to do the same. Stupid, annoying brothers.

Okay, maybe he wasn't completely to be blamed. I'd forgotten to set my alarm for school. It was the first day back after winter break and I had slept late. And despite Noah's constant reminders, I didn't set the alarm.

"Do you have no patience?!" I cried out, incredulous. Noah wouldn't stop banging the door. I wasn't sure whether he understood what I said though, since there was toothpaste in my mouth. 

"We're getting late!"

"I'll be out ASAP," I replied. And, thankfully, the constant rapping of the door stopped.

"You better do, Kirsten," he said and after while I heard the door of my room bang shut. 

Noah and I got along pretty well usually. The one and a half year difference between our ages was probably the reason for our closeness. But sometimes he could be extremely over-protective, especially for a 17 year old. I guess I couldn't blame him. Circumstances had caused everyone close to me to become protective, just like Noah. 

There were my parents, of course. And my amazing set of friends, who I loved to bits. If I was being honest, I felt blessed to have been so lucky. I had a great school life as well. I wasn't into sports or cheer leading but I was still quite popular and I wasn't too bad at studies. Some people would probably be envious of me. But they had to know. . My life was far from perfect. 

I stepped out of the bathroom into my walk in wardrobe and changed into my clothes for school. I had picked an off-shoulder teal top with jeans, accessorized with a silver necklace. I tied my hair back into a ponytail, brushing my bangs to the side, and applied a bit of gloss to my lips. I went down and joined my parents and Noah in the kitchen for breakfast.

We were late. I hurriedly ate the omelette, while Noah paced around the living room impatiently. As soon as I was done, I grabbed my bag, said a quick goodbye to my parents and hurried out the door.

I joined Noah in the passenger seat of his car. He owned an Audi R8, which was one of the cars some kids at school would die for.

I wasn't old enough to get my driver's license yet. But even if I had a license, I wouldn't want a car. Dad probably wouldn't have minded buying one for me if I asked, but a car would only add to the New York traffic as well as the pollution of the world. I didn't need one, but my brother had his own preferences. 

"We are late," Noah grumbled as he sped out of the gate.

"It takes fifteen minutes to reach school. We'll be there on time."

"Whatever. It's your fault."

I didn't argue. "Sorry," I muttered.

I rested back on the seat, staring out of the window. The silence in the car allowed by thoughts to wander away. They weren't comforting though. 

My life had changed so much and here I was now, months away from the turning point, hoping for a better year. I believed I deserved that, especially after my love life had gone down the drain because of something that wasn't even my fault. And it left no less number of scars as my heart was crushed into bits. 

----------------------------------

 UPDATE - If you can read through the first few chapters of naive thoughts, go ahead, it gets better. Check out my other - better written - books too if you like. :)

[Hey guys. My first shot at writing. Hope you liked it. Interesting stuff coming up ahead.  

Vote, comment and share.

Sorry for the extremely short chapters. Didn't realise the length required for wattpad :/

Don't let these next few chapters stop you from reading on though :)]