Chapter 14

"I'm sorry, Stefen. But, no."

His face fell, making me feel guilty instantly. You would have thought that by now I would have become used to letting all the boys down. But, it didn't. A fresh pang of guilt ran through me every single time.

"Oh. It's okay," Stefan said, trying to sound nonchalant. "So. . Um . . I'll see you around."

"Yeah," I said awkwardly. He turned and walked away, his head bent low.

"You should just say 'yes' to one of them already," Jason remarked from behind me. My heart flipped at the sight of him, as usual. He was standing, leaning against the door with his hands in his pockets.

"Or you could just agree to go with David so people will stop bothering you." Michael appeared next to Jason.

"But she's still have to tell everyone, right?" Jason asked. "They won't know that she has a date until she tells them. They'll still be lining up to ask her out."

Seriously, it sucks when the guy you have a major crush on is concerned about you not having a date. And is also trying everything possible to make you agree to go with a dance with someone else.

Michael shook his head as we began to walk. "They won't. If one person finds out that Kirsten has a date, everyone finds out that she has a date."

"Right. I keep forgetting how popular you really are," Jason muttered.

A sudden laugh escaped my lips.

"What?" Jason demanded.

"Nothing." I grinned.

"Seriously, tell me!" Jason insisted. I flashd him a wide smile and hurried away. No way was I going to tell him that I'd found it cute. Jason not remembering my popularity, as he had claimed.

I collected my books from my locker and headed to the History class, thinking of possible excuses I could give to Jason for my sudden laughter, if he mentioned it again.

~*~

"And there comes another guy," David commented, casually, taking a bite of his extra large hamburger.

I cursed silently. I was getting sick of this.

"Hi, Kirsten." I heard a voice beside me.

I looked up to see a blonde boy, who I recognized as one of my classmates in Chemistry. "Um, I-I . . I'm Nathan." He stammered. "Would y-you . . . Will you be my date for the dance?"

I seriously cannot go through this again. And that's when I made my decision. "I'm sorry Nathan." I could already predict what would happen next. Nathan's face fell instantly. "I would love to. But I already have a date."

Nathan looked taken aback. And so did my friends. "Um, okay," Nathan said. "I understand."

He walked away and I turned towards the questioning stares.

"Who exactly is this lucky guy or was that just a fluke?" Zoey was the first to break the silence.

"I think I know." David smirked with a knowing expression.

"You know nothing," I grumbled.

"Seriously, why don't you just say it?" David grinned.

"Come on, Kirsten." Michael chipped "You have something to say?"

I groaned, knowing they were going to let it go. "I'll go with you to the dance."

"Me?" Michael asked, pretending to be shocked. "I would love to. But I already have a date." He mimicked me.

I glared at him.

"Sorry." He held his hands up, as if in defense.

"I knew you'd give in eventually." David was still grinning. "Otherwise, you wouldn't be the Kirsten I know."

"Don't push your luck too hard. What if I back out at the last minute?"

"Are you threatening me?"

I pretended to be shocked. "I wouldn't dare!"

"Of course not." David smiled, sweetly. "You're such an angel."

I nodded, serious. "The best of them all. But I have such bad luck. I have to attend the school dance with the devil."

"Sad. The devil always steals away the innocence of the angel, doesn't he?"

"I wouldn't be so sure," I said, conversationally. "There's always an angel in the devil. The good part. The devil could turn over a new leaf, you never know."

David smirked. "But have you forgotten. There is a bit of the devil in each of us. Now, that sure would bring some dramatic results."

I was about to speak but Zoey cut me off. "Stop it, you two. That's enough talk about the angel and the devil."

David and I laughed. "It was fun, though," I said.

"It was interesting," Tia agreed. "Although, the two of you didn't make much sense."

I shrugged. "Everything we say doesn't have to make sense."

Jason raised his eyebrows. "Do you feel okay, Kirsten. Are you drugged or something?"

"Hey!" I protested.

Jason laughed. "You're acting a bit abnormal, that's all."

"Don't you know," Michael said, secretively. "Kirsten really is abnormal. She's got secret abnormality powers."

Jason smiled. "I was right all along. Anyway," he turned to me. "Practice today? My house?"

"Sure," I agreed. "I'll meet you at five." 

~*~

I should be given the award for the worst story updater. Seriously. It's been two months. I still have completely valid excuses. School, tests, visitors, life.

I feel a bit abnormal myself, so that was why the whole abnormality thing came in :P

Next chapter - The program and the dance :D

I finally near the bits I've been waiting for :P My character banners have been updated and the chapters are being edited. Yes, I was absolutely horrible when I first started :P

Anyway. Tell me what you think (:

Vote. Comment. Share.