Chapter 9

"See you guys later," Jason waved goodbye as Michael and I headed to our lockers on the other side of the hallway. 

"I haven't got a chance to ask you," Michael said. " How's the garden?"

I smiled thinking about the 'big makeover'. The guys had done an amazing job. I loved the new look as much as I had loved the old one. "It's beautiful. I love it." I grinned. "Thank you so much." 

"Anytime," We had reached Michael's locker.

 "Catch you later," I said.

I made my way to History after collecting my books. However, as I reached the entrance of the class, I was stopped by Bailey and Vanessa. 

"Hey," Bailey greeted, with an obviously fake smile.

"Can we talk?" Vanessa asked. "You're good friends with Jason, right?"

"Um, yeah," I made no effort to hide my confusion. Last week at my house, Jason had asked about Vanessa and now this!

“ Look, this is kinda awkward but,” she said it all in a rush but was cut off by the bell ringing.

“Oh, there's the bell!” Bailey interrupted. “We'll talk some other time, okay?” she smiled, leading Vanessa to their class.

I tried to make sense of what was happening but it was a vain effort. Instead, I took a deep breath and entered class, deciding to ponder over the events later.

Paying attention in class was necessary, for now. But, seriously, who can concentrate on history when it seemed like the calmness in my life which had been for a few months would not remain any longer.

The amount of drama in my life was too high. Another storm seemed to be coming. At least this time I knew that it was on its way, unlike the previous one which had arrived without any warning.

~*~

We were sitting eating our food during lunch. All five of us were here, except Jason. 

"Hey, Kirsten, don't you have that annual program thing this year?" Zoey asked. "For dance." 

"Yeah."

"What are you and Jason going to do?"

"We haven't decided yet. Andrew taught us different styles of dances in the first part of the term," I informed her. "We have to choose the one we want to do and start practices from now." 

"But there is only one one style!" 

"Of course, there isn't. There are maybe more than a 100 styles of dances from all around the world," Michael said knowledgeably.

Tia, Zoey and I burst out laughing at his cluelessness. 

At least David had understood. " She meant Harry Styles! Way to show off your stupidity, Mike."

"Right. That guy!," Michael grumbled. "He steals the love that belongs to me."

All of us looked at him, confused.

"You know, if he didn't exist, Tia would spend less time fangirling and I would enjoy more time with her," he explained. "And the amount of love she has for him would be there for me."

"Um, I think I get it," I said, "But, there are four other boys too. Harry's in a band, you know."

"Yeah, I wish that even they didn't exist," he mumbled.

"Just because your girlfriend loves them, aside from you?" I teased him. "You are one jealous boyfriend."

"You poor thing," Tia comforted him, caressing his dark hair. " I love you more, okay? But, well, I love them too. Still, you're the one who's always been there for me, not them."