Chapter 6

Dance class went about a little differently at Ballemore High. 

Andres, our teacher, was one of the coolest you would find. He was pretty much like someone out of a TV show. He insisted that we called him by his given name, instead of 'sir'. Apparently, it made him feel too old. He was in his mid-twenties though and quite the looker, with jet black hair and shiny grey eyes.

It was no wonder that a few of the students had crushes on him.

I introduced Grace to Jason before class started. They began chatting comfortably and were soon engrossed in a conversation about one of the upcoming events at school that Grace was a part of.  

I didn't join them, but just listened. I couldn't help but notice how quickly Jason had gotten along with all my friends. It was also admirable, the way he could blend into a conversation. I couldn't do that, even though I had previously faced quite a few occassions where that trait would have come in handy. Jason's ability made him more attractive by the passing second.

When Andrew entered class, the conversations around the room stopped. There were no tables or chairs in the room, so most of the students just stood against the walls next to each other while others sat on the floor. 

"Good morning y'all." Andrew greeted us, grinning. "Before we start, I'm required to take your attendance. So let's begin." He spoke casually, as if we were his friends and not his students. It was one of the qualities that made him different from other teachers. 

Once Andrew was done taking the attendance, he said, "Okay, guys. Now, I want all of you to pair up. I will give you five minutes and if anyone is left at the end, you can come to me and I will find someone for you."

Everyone started moving around the room when he indicated the beginning of the five minutes we had. I could see a few guys coming towards me. The perks of being popular, you could say.

Except, I really wanted Jason to be my partner.

The first was a blonde guy, who introduced himself as Ryan. He was cute and seemed really sweet, which made it really difficult to turn him down. But before I could think of a reply, Jason came next to me and said with an apologetic smile, "Sorry, but she's already taken."

I looked at him, shocked. Not only did this mean that I would get to dance with him, but his choice of words was suprising as well. I wasn't complaining. He did say I was taken. 

The guys who stood behind Ryan left along with him, having heard Jason.

"I hope you dont mind. Its just that you're the only one I know and its awkward being the new student." Jason said.

Dont mind? I was dying to dance with him. Of course, I didn't say that.

"I don't mind," I replied instead, smiling.

A few minutes later, after everyone had teamed up, Andrew told us about what was planned for this semester. 

All teams had to prepare a duet which would be performed at a show at the end of the year. Andrew would teach us different dance forms for the first few weeks, after which we would start preparing for our performances individually. He would guide us if any help was needed, obviously, but the main part of the preparation was our responsibility. 

After he was done speaking, there was still a lot of time left for the class to get over. So Andrew decided that all of us would sing a song each to pass the time. 

The minutes passed by as each of my classmates went up to the front and sang a song of their choice. When it was Jason's turn, he sang something I hadn't heard before. The song was catchy and Jason could carry a tune, so I enjoyed listening to him. 

Grace sang 'Back To December' by Taylor Swift. And then it was my turn.

I had been thinking about how it was crazy that I had known Jason for barely half a day and I liked him a lot already. Especially considering the fact that I hadn't had a crush on anyone for a long time. So, I decided to sing a song that expressed at least a fraction of how I felt.  

The first song I thought of was one I had been jamming to lately and I was prepared when I got up from my seat and went up to the front. I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the class and then began to sing.

"I've tried playing it cool. But when I'm looking at you."

I was looking around the room when I first began and then I turned to Jason. A small smile had made it's way onto his lips and I felt a rush of confidence looking at him, as I continued to sing.

"And you've got that one thing." There was polite applause around the room when I was done.  As I went back to my place near Jason, he smiled, "You've got a beautiful voice." 

I grinned in response. That was the best thing I had heard all day. "Thanks," I said. "You were really good as well." 

I turned to look at the next person singing, except I didn't really hear the girl. All I could think of was Jason's words. It was surprising how calm I was on the exterior because on the inside, I was practically dancing due to the happiness. 

When the class class ended, I bid goodbye to Jason and Grace and then went for Chemistry, where David demanded to know every single thing. I had been getting texts from everyone and I decided to text all of them back about the events of the previous class. 

As I did, I hoped things would turn out well between us. I didn't want to get all messed up again. It was painful even to think about what had happened a few months ago. But I knew that now, I needed to focus on the present, not the past.

Getting to to know Jason was the best way to go about it. If my first impression of him was wrong , I had to find out now and not after I had fallen for him so hard that putting an end to the love would be extremely difficult. 

I had been in that situation already. But once is fate and twice is a mistake. 

(A/N) [Edited] 

Tell me what you think and dont forget to SHARE :D

Character Banner on the side by @NapkinPerfect :))

I thought I wouldn't choose anyone for him, but Greg Sulkin is sooo cute and fit perfectly <3

The next few chapters answer a lot of questions, have more details and basically, I hope my writing's improved :)