Chapter 16

"Where's Jason?" Zoey asked as she sat at the chair next to me.

Michael looked at his watch, checking the time. "He said he'd be here in ten minutes. Should be here soon."

I had called all of my friends over for coffee at a Starbucks in the city about something very exciting Dad had told me. And I was so eager to tell them all about it. If only Jason would show us his face.

It had been almost five months since I first met Jason. His relationship with Vanessa was going strong. And, honestly, I had gotten myself to think of my little crush on Jason as insignificant.

It wasn't easy. Especially, since I spent quite a lot of time with him. And every time he did me the very kind courtesy of talking about Vanessa. Note the sarcasm.

So, I decided, I wasn't going to let it ruin me. I'd been through worse. So much worse. And I knew that if I tried and persisted, I'd be able to focus on other guys. I hadn't done it yet and even though everything about Jason and related to him stirred a typical, teenager-like reaction inside me, I stood as strong as I could. I couldn't let my crush get any stronger, especially not when he was with someone else.

The door of the cafe opened and Jason entered. He was dressed in a loose blue t-shirt and jeans, looking great like always. Or maybe it was just me.

"Hey," he said as took a seat at the empty chair. "Sorry I'm late. I was kinda held up with Vanessa."

I couldn't stop the instant disappointment I felt. But either way, it wouldn't change the way things were. "No problem." I sent him a smile. "We ordered your cappuccino. If that's okay."

"Of course. Thanks."

"Kirsten." David was the who spoke, sounding slightly impatient. "Is it time yet to tell us why you called all of here at such a short notice?"

I laughed at his annoyed mood. I did call them at a very short notice. Can't blame me, I was dying to tell them the news and I couldn't wait.

"Yep. So, I was talking to my dad today," I began. I knew I probably sounded way too overexcited for myself, but they'd understand soon enough. "It was just a regular conversation until he asked whether all of you would be going away for the summer. And I told him that as far as I knew, none of you had any plans."

"Go on." A smile had made its way onto David's face.

I did as I was told. "And he said that he was thinking that all of us should go somewhere. And, well, he said that if all of you and your parents were okay with it, we could all go for a trip to Dubai for two weeks. He said he'd have the flight booked for next week."

I watched with pleasure as the expression on their faces changed.

"Oh My God!" Zoey squealed. "Dubai? For real?!"

I nodded, grinning.

"I'm in," Michael said.

"Me too." Tia nodded, enthusiastically.

"We all are," David said.

"Wonderful." I beamed. "You have to ask your parents, through."

"I'm sure they won't mind," Jason said.

"Finger crossed."

"Here come the drinks." Tia nodded at the waiter who was coming towards our table with a tray filled with coffee cups.

When all of us had received our cups, David raised his glass. "Cheers to the best trip we're going to have."

I laughed and raised my glass as well and was joined by the others. "Cheers."

~*~

The five days passed quickly and it was the day of our flight.

My parents were giving instructions to Shelly and Patrick who would be staying behind while we were away for our vacation. Stella was coming as well, even though Noah's other friends weren't able to.

I was sitting on a swing in the garden, waiting for my parents to call me. I was dressed in black jeans and a white halter neck top and white flats. My bags were already in the car and I was waiting for my parents to call me.

It couldn't help but think about how different this summer was from the last. I was fifteen, healing a broken heart. I loved Adam, in a twisted-teenager way. But I did. And getting over what we had was not easy.

And here I was today, done with Adam but still thinking about him sometimes. But there was Jason who I liked. A lot. But I was in a hopeless position because he liked someone else.

But I had to understand that everything couldn't go the way I wanted it to. I was just glad to be over some of the really bad times I'd been through and with friends and family who loved me. And also, I was going for this trip to Dubai, courtesy of my awesome father.

The thought brightened me up and I went inside the house, where my mom was giving a hug to Shelly, thanking her for staying behind.

"No problem, Ella." Shelly smiled. "It's the least I can do."

I walked forward towards the redhead. "I'm gonna miss you, Shelly."

Shelly laughed. "I'm sure you will. But you have fun over there."

"Will do." I gave her a quick hug and then turned to my mother. "Is it time yet?"

"Yep." She nodded. "Patrick's getting the car.

I grinned and giving one last wave towards Shelly, went out of the house.

Dad and Noah were there, talking. "Hey!" I said.

"You ready, Kirsten?" Dad said, putting an arms around me.

"Totally. Thank you so much, Dad."

He kissed my head. "Don't mention it, darling."

~*~

(A/N) Long time. Very long time. Sorry.

So, this is a filler chapter. And I've waited for this so long. And the next one will also probably be a filler chapter, even though it's going to have a couple light-hearted incidents. So I'm hoping I'll post it before the end of this week. :)

I know it's really cool how her dad is taking her as well as her friends for a vacation. And I've wanted to put Dubai in it from the starting. So here it is. :D

Thanks so much for the 1700+ reads I've got. Please tell me if you like this. :D

Love me with a vote and comment and share it with your friends. ^^

Thank You :3