Chapter 28 [Liam]

I can't blame Julie, Nessy, Alex and Harry for being mad at me. But last night, it was just shocking. There were 2 events actually. Well, first was when Shirley said that she loved me. I didn't know what to say so me, being the idiot and softy I am, said it back. And my only excuse is that I panicked. The 2nd event seemed like it was just yesterday. I closed my eyes and let my mind relive the moment.

When I went back to the dorm after the failed break-up operation, I told the lads everything. They said that they were disappointed in me. Harry came back after a few minutes. The moment he saw me, he charged. He was trying to punch me but Louis managed to grab hold of him. Niall and Zayn were trying to make him calm down. Well, I can't blame him for wanting to kill me.

"WHAT THE HECK'S WRONG WITH YOU, PAYNE?!", he growled. "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST MAN UP AND BREAK-UP WITH BARBIE!" Louis was still holding him because he still hasn't calmed down. "I panicked, okay?!", I tried to reason out. "She said she loves me and I didn't want to break her heart since she just said it, so I did!"

"BUT YOU DON'T EVEN LOVE HER!", Harry yelled. "Haz, calm down!", Louis said. "I KNOW I DON'T, OKAY?", I yelled back. "Don't you realize that Julie and her friends heard everything?!", he sneered. "I know they heard everything and I'll explain to them what happened. I swear I'm gonna call them no---" but right before I could finish, Harry cut me off again.

"You don't need to do that," he said. "Nessy's making sure Julie's okay and Alex left already. Oh, and guess what?! Julie's so heartbroken!" What? Why would Julie be heartbroken. I gave him a weird look and he groaned. "DAMN IT, LIAM!", he yelled. "YOU'VE KNOWN HER LONGER THAN I DID, BUT YOU NEVER GOT THE MESSAGE THAT SHE LOVES YOU!"

My eyes widened. I looked at the boys. Niall, Zayn and Louis were also shocked. Julie... loves me??

"She loves you, as in MORE THAN A FRIEND.", Harry said while getting out of Louis' grip. He finally managed to calm down. "The moment she heard you say those words, she just went to her room and never went out for the rest of the time we were there."

I can't believe it. I broke Julie's heart. My Best Friend. My Julie. I hurt her.

"I-I never.. knew...", I stuttered. Harry rolled his eyes. "Of course you didn't," he snapped. "you were so busy being the nice guy boyfriend to Barbie when she doesn't even deserve it. She just wants the title, 'Liam Payne's Girlfriend'." I was just so shock on Harry's words. But mostly, I was shocked that Julie loves me, or loved me. After what happened tonight, I really need to explain. 

"I'll be talking to Julie tomorrow," he glared at me. "it's about the mess you made. I'll try to get her to see you and let you explain yourself. Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm going to bed since I'm exhausted from this useless operation of breaking up with Barbie." He pushed passed me and went his room.

"I'll go to bed too.", Louis said and then he went to the room he shares with Hazza. "I can't believe it," I sat on the couch. "She loves me." Niall and Zayn sat on the opposite seats from the couch. "Well," Niall said. "she LOVED you." He emphasized the 'D' and I gave him a glare. "Just try your best to explain, Liam.", Zayn said. "Julie's at a vulnerable state. Maybe she needs to hear if from you so she'll believe that you don't love Shirley."

"I don't," I said. "I love Julie, not Shirley." Niall and Zayn moved to the seats beside me. Zayn patted me on the shoulder. "We know mate," Zayn said. "just let her know that and everything will be okay." I nodded. "Now," Niall said. "why don't you go to bed and have some rest since we're gonna see her tomorrow." I nodded and said goodnight.

I headed straight to my room, thinking of what just happened today and the things that I learned. The most precious thing that I learned today was that Julietta Joe Watson loves me. Well, maybe loveD me.

After deliberating with my thoughts. I allowed myself to fall into a dreamless sleep.

************************************************************************************************************

When I woke up, Harry wasn't there anymore. Only Niall, Zayn and Louis were there. They were eating breakfast.

"Morning guys," I yawned. Well, I'm still tired. I barely slept. "Morning," they all greeted back. "I'm gonna phone Eleanor since we plan on spending the long vacation in Doncaster.", Louis said and then he headed to the living room.

Oh, riiightt. I forgot. There's a long vacation after the variety show. I have no plans so maybe I'll just go back to Wolverhampton to see my family.

"Where's Harry?", I asked. "They're in the Dunn Building," Zayn said. "him, Alex and Nessy... they're talking to Julie.." Oh. "Don't worry mate," Niall said. "I'm sure Julie wants to see you." I nodded.

After a while, Louis came back. "El and I are going to Doncaster!", he chirped then turned to me. He looked stiff. "Oh, and they'll be meeting us at the open field for lunch." Niall and Zayn looked. "They, as in?", Zayn asked while looking at me. "Harry, Alex, Nessy and... Julie..", Louis trailed off.

"That's good," Niall said. "you can finally explain to Julie."

************************************************************************************************************

They finally arrived around 1 pm. Well, when I meant "they", it was sadly Nessy, Alex and Harry only. It was disappointing.

"Where's Julie?", I asked as we sat on one of the picnic tables in the open field. "She's still in the Dunn building," Nessy sighed. " She kinda needs some alone time." She gave me a look. "Julie's not mad at you,", Harry said stiffly. He's still pissed at me. "She just wants some space."

We all got our lunch and ate. No one was talking much. I think this whole "I-love-you-Shirley" thing made people stiff around me. I'm that dumb. I say things I don't mean. I told Shirley I loved her back when my real intention was to dump her. Nice, Liam. Nice.

"So," Louis broke the silence. "what's your plan for the long vacation? Let's start with you, Nessy!" Nessy gave him a weird look but shook her head. "Julie and I are going back to Long Island," she said. "the place we call 'Home'." We all nodded. Of course, New York was their home. Would I really expect that Julie would still see Wolverhampton as Home? It's been 4 years since she was in Wolverhampton. Of course, New York was her home now.

"How about you Alex?", Louis asked. "going back to Canada!", he chirped. "What about you, Lou?" Louis smiled. He and Eleanor were going to Doncaster. "Doncaster with my girlfriend.", he smiled. "I'd really want her to meet you and Julie, Ness." Nessy smiled. "Someday.", she said. "I plan on going back to Holmes Chapel," Harry smiled. "That's great, Haz.", I said. He turned to me and gave me a weird look. "Uh, thanks Liam.", he said stiffly.

The conversation died down with me saying I was going to Wolverhampton. None of us knew what to talk about. Nessy, Alex and Harry didn't do much talking to me. They still didn't want me near Julie though. Julie needs space.

After lunch, we went back to our dorms. I immediately ran to my room and buried myself in my pillow. Julie may not be mad at me. She may not love me anymore. But I still do. I still love her. I always have and I always will.

Part of me wishes that there's still hope for us. That she isn't going to give up 'cause I'm gonna do something about us. I'll fight for it. Maybe I should, even though she isn't anymore. And first thing's first,

I have to man up and break up with Shirley.