Chapter 25 [Julie]

It's 2 weeks before the variety showcase (a pre-semester show in preparation for the semester showcase this December). Here, students get to sing, dance or show-off whatever they have in them and they are to be mentored by a teacher.

I chose singing, of course. So some of the senior students, including Mittchel Black (director of West Side Story, Production 2013) recommended that we should audition for Ms. Russo's mentoring since hers has been the most praised in the past years. So basically, I kidnapped Alex, Nessy and the boys so we can audition together.

"Why her?", Louis whined as the 8 of us stood in line to sign up for Ms. Russo's audition tomorrow. "She's scary!". Liam and I looked at each other and shrugged. "She may be scary," Liam said. "But she's the best Vocals teacher in this school." I nodded in agreement. It's an obvious statement. Last night, Nessy, Alex and I googled Ms. Russo and found out that she was like a Barbra Streisand here in London.

Finally, Louis gave in and stopped complaining. I turned to Nessy. "What are you singing tomorrow?", she asked me. I shrugged. "I can't always sing broadawy songs since she might think I'm playing it safe," I sighed. "so I went with a pop song." She was surprised. She was probably expecting some broadway song.

"'Give Your Heart a Break' by Demi Lovato.", I said. She shook her head. I guess my vocals isn't much for pop. "You're Julie," she said. "You should sing something huge... like, like Adele!!". Ooohh, what an awesome idea. "How about 'Rolling in the Deep'!", she squealed.

"Or," a sweet Wolverhampton accent butted in. "How about 'Chasing Pavements'?" I'm confused now. Nessy or Liam's suggestion? Nessy shot Liam a glare and he gave her a smirk. "Rolling!", she growled. "Chasing!", he protested.

I ignored them as they argued on which Adele song I should sing. I love Adele's music. Now, what song would I directly relate to, that's an Adele song? I sighed and began to think as hard as possible. I looked around and my eyes stopped on Liam. His beautiful, serious and carefree face. Eyebrows furrowed as he debated with Nessy. I then found my answer.

If I were to be with anyone in the world. I would want to be with some like Liam. Someone Like You...

"Guys," I turned to them. "I'm doing 'Someone Like You'." Liam and Nessy turned to look at me. I couldn't really read their expressions. But after a while, Liam finally spoke up. "It suits you Jules.", Liam said. I blushed and looked down. "I second that.", Nessy agreed. "'Someone Like You'. It's perfect.", Liam said.

After about 10 more minutes of waiting, I scribbled all our names on the sign up paper. Oh god, I hope I get in this.

************************************************************************************************************

THE NEXT DAY...

There were about 35 of us in Ms. Russo's classroom in the Dunn Building. Most of them weren't her students. The news of Ms. Russo's excellency in mentoring students must've reached them since they came here.

The boys, Alex, Nessy and I were sitting at the back. Some eager people were sitting at the front so they could be enar Ms. Russo and they could hear everything that she says.

"Hello and Welcome to the auditions of Russo mentoring 101," she said. "My name is Cindy Russo and I am saying this for the benefit of those who aren't in my class but have enough nerves to audition for my mentoring." Damn woman, you are crazy. You are so much like Cassandra July of Glee.