Prologue

PROLOGUE:

# 2005 #

A 10- year- old girl tugged her sweater as she watched a group of men unload things from the truck. She was watching them from the front porch of their new home.

"Julie?", a voice from the inside of the house called. It was Julie's mom, Josephine.

Josephine got out of the house to see Julie hugging an owl and a turtle stuffed animal while sitting on the porch swing.

"There you are!", she smiled. "Come on, time for supper!" She gestured to the door and touched the baby bump in her stomach. A month ago, Josephine found out that she was pregnant. The 3rd child in the Watson family.

Julie sighed and looked at her mom. "I miss America mommy!"

Josephine looked at Julie with a sad expression but smiled. She knelt down a little and hugged Julie, who looked like she was about to cry. "Me too, baby.", she hugged her. "But daddy got a job here, and this promotion means a lot to him."

Julie looked up and Josephine wiped the tears off her face. "Julietta, you'll love it here. If we stay in America, there would be nothing left for us. You and Jared can't go to school. We can't eat, and we have nothing to use or pay for the care of your soon- to- be baby brother or sister.", Josephine pointed at her stomach.

"Is Wooverhamtan nice, mommy?", Julie asked. Josephine nodded. "It's beautiful in here.", she answered. Julie stuck out her pinky finger, "You pinky swear mommy?"

Josephine laughed and interwined her finger with Julie's tiny finger. "I pinky swear."

Julie looked at the empty street and then around the neighborhood. There was a nice house a couple of feet away from them and in their front yard was a boy playing with a toy story action figure. Julie sighed. She didn't know anyone, so she didn't really have much to do. Josephine noticed Julie being distracted so she hugged her for a while then pulled away.

She said, "Don't worry Julie. You'll like it here in no time."

***********************************************************************************************************

The Watson family ate their supper in silence. They were composed of a man in his mid- thirties with black hair and really dark bown eyes. John Watson. A woman in her mid- thirties too with a child inside her womb. Josephine Watson. She had reddish- brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. A boy about 12 years old wearing a polo and shorts with some sneakers. Jared Watson. He looked so much like his father. The youngest in the family was about 10- years old. She looked so much like her mother except for her hair. She inherited her father's hair color. It was black. Julie Watson. The mother is American and the father is British. That makes their children, including the one stirring inside Josephine's stomach, a hybrid of a British and an American.

The doorbell rang for the first time in the Watson household. It was common for old neighbors to welcome new neighbors so the Watsons weren't really surprised to have guests on their 1st day. Josephine head for the door with Julie following her. She opened the door and a woman who had brown hair and light brown eyes smiled. Behind her was the same boy Julie saw in the neighborhood a while ago. He looked like his mother in the boyish kind of way.