Chapter 51 [Liam]

2 DAYS LATER..

"Can I talk to you?", she said over the phone. My heart leaped. It's the 1st time I heard from her in 3 days. Our tour is just 2 weeks away and Susan agreed with the opening act thing. She needs Julie in the studio by Monday if she does take the offer. "Yes!", I answered. "Wait, now? 'cause Jules, I'm in rehearsals." I heard a giggle escape from her lips.

"What time does rehearsals finish then?", she asked. "Around 6," I answered. "we can grab dinner after. Tinselton Diner sound good?" I didn't really care where we're gonna eat. I just really wanted to see Julie. "Sure," Julie said. "I haven't had American food in a while. Pick me up in campus around 6:30?" I chuckled. "Of course," I answered. Then, something occurred to me.

"Jules," I said. "Yeah?", she asked. "You aren't breaking up with me, are you?", I asked. That's when I heard loud laughter. Julie was laughing. That's the first time in 3 days. "Of course not!", she said. "I just needed to tell you something that I couldn't say in text." I sighed in relief. At least it wasn't about a break-up. Meeting up seems like a great idea, I have to tell her about the opening act thing too.

"Well," she said. "I'll see you later." I nodded at myself. "Yeah," I said. "I love you." I could feel her smile as I said it. "I love you too," she said then hung up.

With that, I went back to rehearsals. And this time, I was in a better mood.

*********************************************************************************************************************

I borrowed Harry's car when we got back from rehearsals. Julie and I were heading to Tinseltown Diner. The car ride was silent. No one but the radio was making noise. Julie was staring out the window and it looked like she was really thinking hard. i let her be.

When we arrived, a few people recognized us and asked for photos. We posed with them and after the crowd died down, Julie and I went in the diner to a private booth. We ordered our food and once the waiter was out of sight, Julie looked me in the eye. At last.

"I've been thinking really hard for the past few days," she started. "I have the choice to start my career and be gone for about 2 years, or to stay here to finish my education and wait for you till the tour is over..." I nodded for her to continue since she wasn't finished. She took a deep breathe.

"I choose you," she said. I looked up. I didn't think I heard her right. I gave her a "What?" look. She smiled slightly. "I choose you, Liam..", she said. "I talked to Idina Menzel last night. She told Neil Ramirez and Neil Ramirez said that the 2nd choice was Vanessa Hudgens so yeah." I couldn't believe it. She chose to stay, because of me.

"But Jules," I said. "it's your dream." She shook her head. "I dream about a lot of stuff, Liam...", she said. "and one of those dreams is being with you.. forever..." I couldn't help but smile. I have her heart and she has mine. There's no way that I'm letting her go, ever. "Forever," I repeated.

We ate our dinner and left the diner immediately. We stopped by a park and laid under the stars. No one was around since the park closed an hour ago (but being Liam Payne had perks). Oh, and scre the media if they're here and they spread pictures and tabloids about us tomorrow. Julie's here with me, and I'm not leaving her. She's mine. Forever. Wow, that sounded pretty cool.

"Can I ask you something?", I asked. She nodded. "Would you like to be our opening act throughout the tour?" She looked surprised. Oh, crap. I must've screwed up when I said it. I should've broken it down. "I mean," I said. "it's up to you. I know it's different from Broadway but you can pick your own songs to sing. You can do covers of---" She cut me off with a kiss. "I'd love to," she smiled. "If it means being with you the whole time, then I will!"

"After the tour," I said. "We can come back here. We can continue with sophomore year." She nodded and I kissed her this time. "Please come on tour with us," I said through the kiss. She pulled away and chuckled. "I already said I will," she answered. I chuckled. "Great," I smiled. "Rehearsals for you start on Monday and the actual tour starts in 2 weeks."

She gave me an are-you-freaking-serious-look and I just chuckled. "I love you, Julie.", I pressed my lips against her. She smiled in the kiss and said, "I love you too, Liam."