Chapter 4 [Liam]

CHAPTER 4

I turned and saw my older sister Ruth carrying a duffel bag. Oh, right. I just finished tour a few days ago and I had no time to go back to Wolverhampton to get my stuff so I asked her to get mine for me. I then turned to Julie. I couldn't believe it. Julie Watson was here after all these years, she's finally here. She looked uncomfortable but beautiful.

Memories immediately started flashing in my head. The day we met. The day she became my Best Friend. The day she sang and made me fall head over heels for her. The day she told me she was moving to New York city. The day my heart broke into a billion pieces. The day I kissed her. The day I saw her plane leave England. The day I kept crying because I never told her I was in love with her.

And here she is, 4 years of no communication. I haven't heard from her 'cause I was busy touring around the world, making my way in the music industry. Our parents talk but my parents and my sisters don't mention anything about the Watson kids in front of me. The only time they ever mentioned them was when Julie's dad became this super successful and filthy rich real estate man, Julie's mom becomes a part- time but successful fashion designer, Jared gets in Stanford, Jacob starts schooling and Julie becomes some kind of sensation in broadway. That's all I heard from my parents. They all knew I had strong feelings for Julie. In the first few weeks after the Watsons moved to New York city. My sisters and my parents had to keep an eye on me because I was in some serious depression due to Julie's departure.

I looked at her from head to toe and she looked pretty much the same except she looked more mature, more sophisticated and much, much more beautiful. Well, I guess that's what puberty and money does to a person right?

I looked at her and I still couldn't believe my eyes. She was standing in front of me, looking awkward and uncomfortable.

"J- Julie?", I smiled. I went nearer and without hesitation, I hugged her. She hugged back but I could tell she was definitely uncomfortable. I slowly pulled away and she still looked uncomfortable. Really Jules? Really? That's how you'll look like when you see an old friend? An old friend that happened to be in love with you back then but didn't have the guts to say so. I mean I think she knew how I felt since I kissed her but still, I never actually said it.

Ruth then interrupted us by hugging Julie and blabbing about how different she looked. I shrugged then looked at Julie. Her black hair was longer now. Her eyes were darker but it still looked like chocolate. The way she dressed changed. No more jumpers and kiddie attires. Now it's all dresses and stuff. Wow Jules, wow. You did kinda change. New York city has totally gotten to you. Oh well, whatever. You're still beautiful to me.

"It's good to see you again.", I said. She looked at me with a mixed face. I couldn't point it out. Was she nervous? Was she sad? Was she surprised? She answered in the lowest voice ever, "You too."

Ruth laughed and we both looked at her. "Awkward much?", she smirked then turned to me. "I bet your nervous Liam. Julietta's back!". I swear I could feel my face heat up. I glanced at Julie and saw her lips form a small smile.

"Hey Liam!", Harry's voice called out. I turned and saw the lads were slowly approaching me. I looked at Harry, "Yeah?"

"I forgot to tell you. Shirley called this morning while you were out. She said her flight's gonna be in a few days and she wants you to pick her up.", he said. I looked at Julie and she still looked uncomfortable.

I was comfortable a while ago but when Harry mentioned Shirley, I began to feel uncomfortable. It's not that I don't like Shirley, I do. We've been going out for 3 almost 4 months. I haven't told her I loved her since I don't really feel like it's love. We met when she played my love interest in the music video of "Everything About You".  The lads didn't really like her 'cause she kept complaining on set. Yeah, she's a self- proclaimed "super" model. She asked me out and me, being the softy I am, said yes. It's an insult to my manhood that Shirley asked me out but I just agreed to it anyway. I thought maybe, that when I'd get to know her, I'd like her. When the lads found out, they scolded me about being a softy but they gave in 'cause they thought that I was head over heels with Shirley. I do like her but it's just weird that I find it hard to make "like" turn into "love", even after 3 months. Shirley and I have an okay relationship. She seems to really enjoy being on twitter and tabloids all the time. She tends to be cranky with me and the lads. She wears a lot of make up. She gets all upset and dramatic all the time. She tends to misunderstand me.