Chapter 16 [Liam]

"JULIETTA WATSON!"

Julie got up and walked on stage. She looked beautiful, as always.

"My name's Julietta Watson. I'm auditioning for the role of Maria. I'll be singing 'My Man' by Barbra Streisand. It's for someone special. And I just wanna say, I'm sorry too."

Me? Was she dedicating the song to me?

"Is that song for me?", I asked Zayn. He gave me an annoying look. "Yes, captain obvious. Don't act like you don't know!", he said.

"Oh, my man, I love him so, he'll never know.

All my life is just despair, but I don't care.

When he takes me in his arms, the world is bright. All right...

What's the difference if I say I'll go away, when I know I'll come back on my knee someday.

For whatever my man is, I am his forever more.

Oh, my man, I love him so, he'll never know.

All my life is just despair, but I don't care.

When he takes me in his arms, the world is bright. All right..

What's the difference if I say I'll go away, when I know I'll come back on my knee someday.

For whatever my man is, I am his forever more!!!!!"

We all gave her a standing ovation. I smiled and gave her a thumbs up. Our eyes met and she smiled back.

Our friendship was gonna be healed.

************************************************************************************************************

The lads and I walked out of the theatre. In the hallway, we found Julie, Nessy and Alex chatting. Nessy caught my eye and whispered to Julie. She had her back on me so she turned around and our eyes met.

I could feel the lads nudging me forward. I slowly walked towards Julie. She smiled at me and slowly made her way too. It feels really good to see her smile again.

But then I remembered my agenda.

"I'm sorry.", we both said in unison. We both chuckled slightly then we hugged.

Behind my back, I could hear the lads snickering. Well, except Harry. Since he still doesn't know about Julie, I think.

"Julietta", someone behind me called. The accent wasn't so British or American or Australian.

Julie pulled away from our hug and the next thing I knew was she was walking to the French boy, Rene Galloway. She gave him a hug.

French boy hugged back and I felt another pang in my heart. Wow, 4th in a day. I might actually end up in a hospital if it keeps panging.

Rene was blabbing stuff in French and Julie was nodding. She would seldom answer him in English. I'm totally clueless about what Rene's talking about since I don't understand French.

"Merci!", Julie smiled then hugged him. "Merci" was the only word I understood. It meant "thank you" in French. I only know 3 words in French. "Merci!", "Bonjour!" and "Oui!".

Julie walked back to us. "Good luck guys. I hope you all get the roles. You all did great.", she said. "Not as great as you did.", I said. "You suck up!", Nessy butted in. "Shut up VANESSA!", I smirked. Nessy flinched and hit my head. "Ow!", I said. "That's for calling me 'Vanessa'!", she said.