Chapter 23 [Julie & Liam]

[JULIE]

I'm not gonna lie. The play was going great. The boys are actually doing well even though they're not actors. I'm really excited to see Louis act but right now, I'm watching Alex, Harry, Niall, Zayn and my Wolverhampton boy act out Scene 1.

Their entrance was kind of like a tap dance with instrumental music. He seemed nervous at first but as the number went on, he seemed to loosen up. A small formed in my lips as they performed and acted out the entire Scene 1.

Krupke: Good-bye, boys. *He follows Schrank out*

Snowboy (Liam's character): *imitating Krupke* Good-bye, boys.

A-Rab (Zayn's character): They make a very nice couple.

Action: *bitterly* You hoodlums don't own the streets.

Snowboy: Go play in the park!

Action (Alex's character): Keep off the grass!

Baby John (Niall's character): Get outa the house!

Action: Keep off the block!

A-Rab: Get outa here!

Action: Keep off the world! A gang that down own a street is nuthin'!

When Scene 1 was over, I have to admit. Liam's funny when he acts. Well, I probably find it funny since I'm not used to seeing him act. After the end of Scene 1, the boys, Alex and the rest of the Jets except Riff came back. The stage crew immediately rushed to change the scene since they only had 10 second to change the setting into a drugstore.

Rene rushed to his position for Scene 2 (He still looked tired but he insisted that he was fine). Mittchel told me to get ready since I was gonna be in Scene 3.

My eyes were searching for Liam. It was hard to find him in a sea of busy people. My eyes didn't atop till I saw a boy wearing a red, white and black patterned plain shirt. Our eyes met and we made our way to each other.

The moment we were near. He hugged me and I hugged back. I didn't want to let go but I knew Shirley was around so I immediately pulled away. I gave him a smile after that.

"You did great.", I said as I pulled away from him. He blushed and looked down. "You're gonna do better.", he said. We just looked at each other silently until...

"Julie!", Mittchel sneered. "Go near the stage! You're almost up!" I nodded and made my way near the entrance of the stage. Liam followed me and we took a peek on what's happening.

Rene was doing great. He still looked weak and pale but I don't think the audience noticed. He released all his energy and emotion into the scene. It looked good, great actually. Then Rene started singing "Something's Coming". A song where Tony tells Riff that he doesn't want any mayhem in the dance because he feels that he has a great future ahead.

After that, another scene change. It was my 1st scene.

"JULIE!", Mittchel said. "NOW!" I nodded then turned to Liam. "Good luck.", he said. I took this chance. I tip-toed and kissed his cheek. "Thank you," I said before running on stage to position myself.