Chapter 35 [Julie & Liam]

[JULIE]:

"Hey stranger," a boyish voice spoke. "you didn't tell me you were here in NYC."

A huge smile immediately formed on my face as I recognized who the speaker was.

"Graham!", I squealed. "You didn't tell me you were in New York for vacation," he said. "Well, we arrived last night and I wasn't able to tell any of my old friends that I'm here.", I chuckled. "Anyway, how'd you know?"

"I saw you in the Evita Theatre with your little brother and some other guy," he answered. "but it looked like he was glaring at me so I turned away." I laughed. "So you were the guy who Liam said was looking at me!", I chuckled. He laugheed on the phone too. "Yup!", he agreed. "I guess that's me!"

We kept on talking some more. It's good to be hearing from your old friends again. It brings back a lot of memories, especially the fun ones.

Graham and I met when I was 15 and he was 17. My family and I were staying in LA for a week. They had a business trip and they brought us with them. Jared and Jacob both wanted to go and swim but I was left with nothing to do, so I started googling random stuff online till I saw this open audition for one episode in "the Good Wife".

When I told my parents about it, they allowed me to audition. I went to their studio and auditioned on set. Sadly, I didn't get the role. The cast was watching and when I was about to leave, Graham pulled me to the side and told me that I did great and stuff.

He also found out about my interest in broadway so yeah. That's how he became my friend (I kinda had a slight crush on him, but found out that he had a girlfriend. But it's cool. Haha). We met because I auditioned for a TV show that he was in and because he was in broadway too.

Now, his role in "the Good Wife" is over. He's going back to broadway again (he previously starred in a musical called "13").

"So," he said. "wanna grab a bite tomorrow? To catch up?" I smiled at the thought. I miss my old friends. Don't get me wrong, the boys, Alex and Eleanor are brilliant but I have some friends here too. "That'd be great!", I said. "How about lunch? Where do you wanna eat?"

"Lunch sounds great!", he said. "How about the Lake House? It's near your place, right? I don't want  you to drive 2 hours just to get to Manhattan." I laughed. Graham's such a sweet guy. "I'm in Manhattan now but I'm driving back to Long Island later," I chuckled. "Sure! The Lake House sounds awesome. Around 12?"

"Yeah, 12 sounds great.", he answered. "See 'ya!" I smiled. "Bye!", I hung up.

I went back in Artichoke Basille's and saw that their plates, except Niall who still had a slice, were empty. They were all still busy chatting. I found out from El that Louis lost the staring contest. Only Liam seemed to be the one doing nothing.

I sat beside him and gave him a warm smile. He smiled back in return. After a few more moments, we left the restaurant since we still had a long drive to Long Island. The ride on the way to Long Island was noisy.

Louis and Harry started wrestling at the back of the van. The rest of us were in fits of laughter. I noticed that Alex had his arm around Nessy. That must be their new comfortable position. Nice.

"Jules, you don't mind if I spend the night at your place right?", Nessy asked. "I can sleep on the couch!" I shook my head. "Sleep in my room," I said. "we've been Best Friends for 4 years. We always had sleepovers in High School days." Nessy smiled. "Thank you!", she hugged me.

We made it in the manor around 12:30. Jacob was fast asleep on my lap. I was gonna ask Arnold to carry him but Liam already did. I bid good night to the rest as they made their way to the guest house. Liam, Nessy and I head upstairs.