Chapter 48 [Julie & Liam]

[LIAM]:

THE NEXT DAY..

"Did you tell her already?", Louis asked the moment i joined them in the open field. "No," I answered. "I haven't told her that the tour actually starts in 3 weeks." Harry looked at me. "So she still thinks that the tour starts in May?", he asked. I nodded. "You're an idiot," he said. I shrugged.

"You have to tell her," he said. I glared at him. "Yes Harry," I said. "I know that I have to tell Julie that the real concert tour starts in 3 weeks! Give me some time to tell her but we have no time since, apparently, management wants us in the studio the moment we finish class!" Niall patted my shoulder. "Relax mate," he said. "I have an idea!"

"What could your clever id---", I was cut off by the sound of the voice that I thought I'd never have to deal with again. "Liam? Boys?", a high-pitched, squeaky voice approached us. I looked up to see my ex-girlfriend, Shirley. "Hello Shirley," Niall said stiffly. The boys followed. She sat beside me which caused all of us to adjust in our seats. What the heck? We didn't even invite her to sit with us!

"Congratulations, by the way.", she said. "Thank you," I said. "so you're going to the concert this February 22?", I asked. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "NO," she said. "I was talking about Julie." She lost me there. Shirley hates Julie. Now, why was she congratulating me on her? "What are you talking about?", I asked.

"Really?", she said. Then, she took out a printed news article from her bag. "But the whole campus seems to know about it. The news just broke out last night."

Last night, was the last time Julie and I were talking. She was about to tell me about this "news" last night but it was cut off when Louis called me about management wanting us to leave after lunch today.

I pointed at the article. "Can I borr---" she cut me off. "You can keep it," she said. "'cause you're the boyfriend but you have no idea what's going on with your girlfriend." She got up and made her way. "Toodles!", she said.

"Bitch," I heard Harry mutter. "What does the article say?", Zayn asked me. I looked at it and there was a picture of Julie and beside it was the Wicked poster. "It's something Broadway...", I said then started reading.

Julie Watson Lands the Role of Elphaba in Winnie Holtzman's 'Wicked'

Julie Watson is set to play Elphaba in Wicked, director Neil Ramirez's forthcoming adaptation of the novel turned into musical.

Watson learned she got the role when the original Elphaba, Idina Menzel, came to London and paid her a visit in town. Watson beat out higher-profile candidates Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and Victoria Justice for the role.

Ramirez is directing the musical from a script by---

Was this what she wanted to tell me last night? But being the pathetic boyfriend I am, didn't have the time to listen and just ran to Louis to learn more details about the tour. How stupid can I be?

"I have to see her," I said. "I need to talk to her. I have to tell her everything!" The lads nodded. "Tomorrow... after rehearsals, when we come back..", Zayn said. "you can tell her." I nodded and thanked the lads.

Tomorrow is the day that I tell her the truth and I'm afraid of how she might react.

************************************************************************************************************

[JULIE]:

"Wicked?", Alex repeated. I nodded as he, Nessy and I made our way to the Dunn Building for Vocals with Ms. Russo. "That's huge!", he said. "Congratulations!" I gave him a grateful smile. "You did accept the offer, right?" I looked down. "You said 'NO'?", Alex shrieked. I shook my head rapidly.

"I told her that it was too much to decide on in one day," I answered. "She told me to think about it. If I do accept it, Ii have to leave in 3 weeks." They both stopped walking and so did I. "Does that mean that you're not gonna finish freshman year?", Alex asked. "Why didn't you tell me about this while we were in pilates?". Nessy asked.

"Idina Menzel told me that if I accept the role, the director will contact the school to let me finish freshman year ahead of the others. Then I have to leave in 3 weeks since we start rehearsing for the tour in New York city 'cause that's where the 1st show will be then we travel!", I explained.

"Why didn't you tell me about the leaving-in-3-weeks part earlier?", Nessy asked. I shook my head. "You asked me if Liam knew but he doesn't. I was thinking of a way to tell him so it must've slipped out of my mind.", I explained. Nessy nodded.

"Does anybody else know?", Alex asked. I shook my head. "Just you and Nessy," I said. "I'd like to keep it that way. I don't want the whole school to know." They both nodded.

We walked the rest of the way in silence. When we reached the classroom and I opened the door, something snapped. Since people stopped to look at me. Was there something on my face? Did I look like the walking dead or something?

"OMG! There she is!", a girl screamed as people began to crowd around me. "What the heck's going on?!", I yelled at Nessy since she could barely here since we were swarmed by people. "I don't know!", she yelled back. "You're the famous one!"

"How'd you do it?" "What's it like meeting Idina Menzel?" "Are you and Liam gonna break up because of this?" "Are you leaving soon?" "How'd you get a role like Elphaba's so fast?" "When do rehearsals start?" "When does the tour start?"

I didn't know what to do. Being swarmed by passionate, performing people like them makes me feel like I was getting swarmed by papparazzi. But how'd they know that I was being offered the role of Elphaba? Nessy and I only talked about it in pilates yesterday and I only told Alex this morning.

"OKAY!", I heard a Wolverhampton accent call out. "that's enough! let my girl breathe!" The people started to back off. Liam ran towards me and dragged me out of the classroom. I was gasping for air. "Thank you," I sighed. "I wonder if that's what it feels like if your swarmed by the media." He hugged me as tight as he can and kissed me on my forehead.

"You alright?", I heard Louis say. I pulled away from Liam to see the rest of the boys, Alex and Nessy out of the classroom to where we were. "Why were you guys swarmed?", Zayn asked. Nessy coughed out loud. I turned to look at her.  She gave me the you-have-to-tell-him-about-Wicked look. I nodded.

"Liam, I--", I got cut off by the bell ringing. Vocals is about to start. "Screw it!", Liam said then he turned to me. "You and I are skipping class. We'll be out the whole day." The boys gasped. "What about the management's instructions to leave after lunch, Li?", Niall said.

"Tell them that I got sick or something!", he said. The boys seemed reluctant and hesitant. "Please," Liam pleaded. "just for today. Management can make me rehearse my arse off tomorrow." I turned to look at Nessy. "I'll cover up for you," she said. I smiled at her. I looked at the boys.

"Alright," Louis sighed. "we'll tell management that Liam got food poisoning or something." Liam cheered. "Thank you," Liam told Louis. The boys, Alex and Nessy nodded at us. "Now," Alex said. "get outta this building before Ms. Russo sees you both."

Liam and I nodded then we ran out of the building. I don't know where we're going but we're both skipping class so yeah. Liam decides to ditch management shiz for the day so this must be good.

"Where are we going?", I asked once we were out of sight. "to the London Eye," he said. I looked at him confused. He chuckled and said, "we're both taking the day off to talk about things..."

Oh, well. This would be a good time to tell him about the Wicked thing.