Chapter 54

Ross POV

"Wow. That was great." I said pushing my plate back.

"Yeah. It was." Ryland said.

I stood up and cleared my throat. Everyone stopped talking and looked at me.

"Ok so. Kate and I have something to say..." I started.

I grabbed Kate and she stood up too. "Were engaged!" We said together.

Rydels hand flew to her mouth"Aaahh! Im soo happy for both of you!" She said giving us a hug.

Everyone else congratulated us and we were both showered with hugs.

I was actually a little surprised because Bonnie looked... Happy. Well, I wasnt complaining.

After everything had died down we all sat back down.

"So what are the plans so far?" Dad asked.

I looked down at Kate, "Um. Honestly we havn't planned anything. It'll probably be next year sometime."I said.

Kate nodded.

We talked for at least another hour before we left. Bonnie pulled Kate to the side before we left. I was a little scared...

Kate POV.

Mom grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side. I was very confused because she looked... Happy.

"What?" I asked confused.

She took a breath then said,"Look, I just wanted to say that Im happy for you... And Im proud of you."

"Wait wait. I thought you hated Ross, I mean you did shoot at him."I pointed out.

She shook her head and looked down. "I-I know. And Im deeply sorry for it. I was very drunk when all of this happened. I was mad that you were gone so I took it out on you and Ross. I shouldn't have. I knew the reason you left was because of me. Im so sorry sweetie..."

I hugged her. "Its alright. Just promise me we'll never do that again, Ok?"

She nodded. "Absolutely."

"But your not off the hook." I stated.

She looked at me willingly. "What do I have to do?"

"Apologize."I said.

"Um.. Yeah. I-I just d-"

I shook my head and said "Ross. Do you have any idea how much pain and trouble you've cost him?"

She nodded. "I know. Um, Kate. Would you fetch him for me?"

I nodded and walked over to the van where Ross was waiting. He looked over at me and smiled. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah. Um. My mom wants to talk to you for a sec." I said placing a hand on his arm.

He looked at me with a doubtful look on his face.

"Look, its important. You'll be fine." I said pushing him towards her.

I hoped he'd forgive her...

Ross POV.

I was both confused and scared when she pushed me towards her.

I walked over to her.

She gave me a light smile. "Hi Ross. Um, I uh... Look, Im very very happy for the both of you. Kate is very lucky to have you."

I shook my head "No. Im the lucky one."

She smiled. "Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that Im terribly sorry. For everything of done to you... And Kate. I know what I've done was absolutely uncalled for and I just wanted to say that I'm deeply sorry."

I smiled. "Well, its alright."

"Thank you."She said.

I smiled and nodded then went back to Kate with my hands in my pockets.

"Everything good?" She asked lightly.

I nodded and opened the door for her.

Riker smiled. "Awww. What a gentleman."

I smiled and shook my head. We arrived back to the bus.

We all set down our stuff and got ready for bed. Kate was in the bathroom brushing her hair when I walked in.

"Hey baby." I said putting my arms around her waist from behind.

"Hey Shor." She said.

I grabbed the brush from her.

"What are you doing Ross?" She questioned.

"Ill do it.''I said

When I was done I kissed her neck softly. She pulled back and kissed me on the lips. I kissed back-with passion.

In that moment I knew, for sure, that this was my forever.

And thats it guys! Hope you enjoyed it. It was really fun to write. Let me know what you thought of it! New story coming soon! Thanks! :)