Chapter 39

Hey guys! Im gonna try to write a new chapter every day, if I get the chance. Thanks! :)

Ross POV.

I was taking her to an amusement park down at the east end of the beach.

After about 40 minutes you could see the top of the ferris wheel, peeking up in the clouds.

Kate smiled. "Awe. An amusement park? Yay! Were gonna have so much fun."

I smiled and pulled into the parking lot. I got out of the car and ran to the other side. I opened the door for Kate and shut it behind her.

I took her hand as we walked over to the ticket booth. After about 5 minutes of waiting in line, it was our turn.

I said, "2 tickets please."

The lady grabbed 2 tickets. "That'll be 20 bucks darlin."

I got out my wallet. "No no. I got it." Kate said.

"No thats ok. Im buying." I said handing the lady the 20.

Kate rolled her eyes. "Your too nice."

I smiled as we walked into the park. "I know."

She playfully shoved me over. We laughed.

After about an hour of riding rides and playing games, we went to get something to eat.

We waited in line at a small food truck. "What do you want babe?" I asked.

"Umm..." She said as she scanned the menu. "Ill just have a corndog and a coke."

"Ok." I said.

We got to the front of the line and I ordered.

"15 bucks." The man said.

I got out my wallet to pay.

"Uh uh. No. Im paying this time." Kate said pulling out a 20.

"Nooooo." I said.

"You paid for the tickets. Come on." She said.

I sighed. Then the man grunted. "Someone just give me the darn money. Theres other people in line."

Kate shoved me aside and paid for the food. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on." She said grabbing the food.

"You didnt have to do that you know." I said, grabbing our drinks from the counter.

"Well you didnt have to pay for the ticket." She said.

I shook my head and smiled. We walked over to an empty picnic table. We sat our food down and started to eat.

"Soo..." Kate said. " Why did you bring me here last minute?"

I took another bite of my burger." Riker said that we almost lost you which shows that the time we have together is limited. He also said not to take it for granted. So, I brought you here.

She looked down at the table cloth. "Oh.. Well thank you."

I smiled and kissed her. We finished the rest of our meal and walked around the park some more.

We hadn't gone on the ferris wheel yet, so I suggested that we try it.

She hesitated before saying,"Um.. Ok. I guess so."

I grabbed her hand and walked over to the ferris wheel. There was no one there so we got right on.

We sat down on the seat and started to move. Then we stopped at the top and saw the view of the beach.

I looked over at Kate and saw that she was shaking slightly.

"Are you cold Kate?" I asked.

She nodded her head no.

"Wait.. Are you afraid of heights?" I asked.

"Uhh. Yeah." She said looking straight ahead.

"Hey, look at me." She looked over at me. "Just dont take your eyes off me and youll be ok."

She nodded. I pulled her close to me. Then we started to go down and Kate began to relax.

After another time around, we got off. I smiled and grabbed her hands. "You made it babe." I said.

She giggled. " I know. Thank you."

I put my arm around her shoulder as we walked out of the park.