Ch.24 Mom Approves

Mischa's POV

"It's not what you think it is" I said hastily. I don't want her to get the wrong idea. She's wiping her mouth while looking at me intently.

"I know that I love you, I won't lie to that but it's not yet the same as David. I mean... How do I put it" I said frowning. I don't know how to explain what I'm feeling right now. I massaged my temple to think of a better way to explain it.

"Knowing that you've learned to love me is more than enough for me" she said smiling at me.

"No, I need to explain to you why I said that, I want you to understand my feelings" I argued.

"You don't have to, I understand what you feel. You love me but you're not yet in love with me. That's fine because I'm patient, I know the time will come that you'll fall for me as well" she said then reached for my hand and pressed it gently.

I just nodded and smiled. She's right on that part, I want to figure that out to myself as well.

Am I really capable of falling in love with her?

I asked mentally. She has the traits of a good partner but still she's a girl. I don't know what my parents would say if they find out that I'm living with a girl. I can say that she's my friend but the truth will always come out no matter how you hide it.

We ate and talked about a lot of things, I'm glad I came home and chose to celebrate my birthday with her. She's really funny.

"It's been seven months now" I said while gazing at her.

"Yeah, I've been staying here for seven months and I'm glad I haven't been kicked out" she picked up Potchi and carried it baby style.

"Almost. You're kissing a man that I don't even know" I stated. Suddenly she became uneasy as if I said something sensitive.

"Heaven, who's that man?" I'm really curious and I can't get it out of my mind.

"I told you he's nothing" she said frowning.

"If he's nothing then why did you kissed him? Why are you smiling when you're talking to him?" I want to know him. She sighed heavily before speaking.

"He's my ex-boyfriend" my eyes widen in disbelief.

"For real?" She nodded in response.

"Wha...why did you two broke up? Is he courting you again?" I moved my chair closer to her.

"He left" she said simply. She took a piece of steak and brought it to Potchi's mouth.

"Why? You're perfect. I mean you're stupid but that's all. How could he leave you?" I'm starting to get annoyed to her ex.

"I don't know what to feel by what you just said" she said chuckling.

"A lot of people wants to be your partner. He's a moron" I said while rolling my eyes.

"Let bygones be bygones Mischa" she said simply. Potchi already fell asleep so she put it on the chair beside her.

"Does he want you back? Is that the reason why he fetched you at school?" I asked anxiously. She didn't respond. Instead she stood up and put the plates on the sink.

"Hey answer me!" I said annoyed.

"Yes" she said as she started washing the dishes.

Now I have a competition. I said to myself as I walked to where she is.

"Did you love him?" It took me a lot of courage to ask that.

"Yeah, I used to skip classes before just to be with him" she said chuckling. That made me frown,