Ch.16 If I stay

Heaven's POV

I was about to enter the elevator when I stopped, she's already inside about to step outside.

"Hey" I said but she pulled me out of the building.

"Hey where are we going?" I asked her frowning.

"Groceries, Potchi don't have a food so are we" she said flatly.

"Aren't we going to use your car?"

"Ah yeah, I have a car I forgot" she said then pulled me to the parking lot. There's something wrong with her, she's out of focus. I want to ask her but I have a feeling that she won't tell me.

I'm still wearing my uniform so we really looked like sisters, I subconsciously reached for her hand before a entered the store. It took me minutes before I realized what I did and what surprised me is that she's not complaining. She's really out of focus right now so I enjoyed the moment. I felt sad when she let's go of it again without her noticing it.

"Mischa" I called her, I'm now pushing the cart.

"Yes?"

"Do you have a problem?" I can't help myself not to ask.

"No, why'd you ask?" We're on the dairy products area.

"You seem out of focus today, is there something that's been bugging you?" I took a set of Yakult.

"Nope... You're just imagining things" she said flatly, I didn't dig in because I don't want her to be annoyed.

We didn't talk after that conversation, we shopped in silence until we reached the parking area. She was about to open the car door when someone approached us. Her face flushed at the sight of the woman, I think she's in her forties.

"Well, well what a small world. I didn't expect to see you here" said by the woman with her arched brow.

"What are you doing here Liz?! I thought you're in Canada?" Mischa asked looking shocked. The woman smirked.

"Don't we have the freedom to go back here? I thought your life is already wasted. But look at you now, you look sophisticated. I wonder whose mistress are you now?"

Mistress? I asked myself. Mischa's hand and jaw clenched. It never came to my mind that she will be someone's mistress. I was about to interrupt when Mischa spoke.

"I don't have time for this" she said and about to enter the car when the woman named Liz laughed hysterically.

"Don't you ever ruin our relationship again now that you know that Eric and I were back, I won't--" Mischa's slammed the door to stop her from talking. She walked closer to Liz then pointed at her face.

So Eric has a wife, and Mischa was a mistress before. I said to myself. So that's why it's very sensitive for her to talk about it when Salt and I were around. I understand her now.

"I don't care about the two of you. You can die both for all I care so stop messing around with me bitch!" She yelled then pulled me inside her car and drove fast home. She's mad I can tell, I don't want to talk to her because I don't want to worsen her mood.

She opened a can of beer as soon as we entered the house. I'm tired so I headed to her room to get my pillow and blanket. When I got out she's sitting on the couch while her eyes closed. I sighed before putting down my pillow.

I guess I don't have a choice but to sleep on the floor. I said to myself. Good thing she has a soft carpet.

"Good Night" I said as I lay down on the floor together with Potchi.