Chapter 7

Liam's P.O.V.

                Jordan ran away and I stand in shock for a few moments. I then realize that she ran away from me. I feel my wolf howl and he already misses her. I roll my eyes and follow her scent. The guard steps in front of me at the front door.

                "Luna has told Beta Oliver to not allow anyone out. It is midnight. Everyone is to reside to their rooms and not come out until morning," the guard explains while his head is down in a sign of submission. I let out a laugh and push by him. The guard surprises me and again steps in front of me repeating the instructions.

                Jordan runs a tight ship around here. She is a damn good Luna. I can't wait until we lead together. I smile and then realize what I'm thinking and roll my eyes. I do not want to be mated to her any more than she does. However, I respect the bond and really think the Moon Goddess made a good match. If Jordan would stop seeing herself as the almighty and would submit to me, then we can have a very wonderful future. But she will submit.

                I shove the guard out of my way and snarl a warning at him. He does not cower or flinch, but he does stay out of my way. I exit the manor and shift. Grim is a beautiful grey color with white speckles throughout his fur. I shake my fur out and take off running to the woods, searching for my mate's scent. To my and Grim's surprise we cannot find it past the entrance of the woods, but we can sense she is in there somewhere.

'Where is our mate?' Grim questions anxiously wanting to see her wolf form and play.

'How the hell am I supposed to know? You're supposed to have the stronger nose,' I retort. Grim rolls his eyes and cuts the link between us.

                I sigh. We have never had a good connection, but it's mostly because he's an idiot. I'm sure he thinks the same of me, but he acts like a pup. We are the Royal Alpha. He demands other wolves' respect, and then makes a complete fool out of us by running and jumping around the fields like a pup. I continue sniffing through the woods and trying to follow any little waft of scent I can catch from the wind, but it is becoming more and more difficult.

                Damn girl probably hid her scent. I groan and continue wandering around. I reach a stream and bend over to drink some water. As soon as my tongue touches the water, I can taste her. 'Found you babygirl,' I smirk and follow downstream.    

                I stay low as I approach where her scent is strongest now. She didn't disguise it, she's just in the water. I look around frantically searching for her. I know she is here. I look over at the waterfall and in the clear water, but do not see her. I look around a while longer.

                I spent thirty minutes searching for her before finally shifting back. I get in the water and allow the cool feeling to wash over me. I smile and release all the stress I was unaware I had. I swim over to the waterfall and allow it to wash down on me. That's when I feel her eyes roaming my body. I whip around and find my mate staring at me and blushing that she had been caught.

                "Aw, I've been looking for you," I climb up to sit next to her in the cave. I must admit this is a nice escape. I can feel how much calmer Jordan is in the cave surrounded by the water. I look over at her and she is still blushing and looking away from me.

                "How did you find me?" She eventually asks and turns to face me. The blush is no longer there. I shrug and look at her body. She's beautiful. Her long blue hair is covering most of her and the only nude parts I can see are her arms and a bit of her legs, much to my dismay. I want to look over her whole gorgeous body and take in the sight that is my mate.

                "I followed your scent aimlessly for a while. I felt your presence, but your scent was difficult to pinpoint. You need not run from me little one. I'm not going to harm you or touch you anymore without your permission," I tell her with my most convincing innocent look. She rolls her eyes clearly not believing me in the slightest, but she doesn't push it.

                We go back to looking out the mouth of the cave at the beautiful view. The waterfall comes down and hides the cave from sight, but we can see everything in front of us. I feel a dark power coming from inside the cave and I let out a low growl. Jordan looks over at me and shakes her head as if telling me to stop. I tilt my head and stand and start walking deeper.

                "STOP!" Jordan commands and her Luna voice is laced with so much power I stop, but only for a minute before turning back to face her. I growl at her for using her Luna voice on me.

"Do not use your Luna voice on me. I do not tolerate disrespect," I growl out at her. "What are you hiding back there?" I smirk, but I do not move.

"It is none of your business. If you wish to continue living, you will walk back towards the front of the cave and leave it be. When I trust you, I may share. Until then, respect me and back the fuck up," Jordan answers curtly and to the point. I smile she said when, so she is coming around to me.

I respect her wishes and walk back towards her. I do not want to fight anymore with her today. "Tell me, my little mate, what's your story? I can feel the power you possess, but where does that power come from?" I question her wanting to know if the stories about her are true. I want her to let me in. I need to know that she is not this cruel person they have painted her out to be.

"You want to know if the story is true about me murdering my parents and my first wolf, don't you?" She asks back seeming unphased. She turns to look at me instead of staring out at her land like she was. Jordan lets out a sigh and tilts her head studying me. I can see her trying to figure out whether to trust me or not. "Well, it isn't all a lie, but there's more to the story than most know," Jordan stops and turns back to look out the opening of the cave.

I give her a look to urge her on. I want to know as much as she'll tell me. She draws in a deep breath and centers herself before continuing.

"When I was seven, I shifted. I was too young to handle it and the pain from shifting enraged me. I could only see red. I went berserk and my wolf wanted blood. Specifically, my father's, the Alpha at the time of WillowFall Pack. My father beat me when I was younger. He did awful things to me. The scars covering me are his work," she shows me her arms. Anger fills me looking at her skin. The scars are deep, jagged, and everywhere. There's one that runs along most of her arm. She looks down and I move towards her and hold her hand. She hesitantly allows it. "I didn't kill him yet. My mother, she helped me. She felt me shift and hid me from him so he would not kill me. She ultimately calmed me down and continued for years until I was 12. She would help me shift and learn new skills," Jordan is smiling but tears are streaming down, but her voice is still calm and unwavering.

"When I was 12, my father found out and was infuriated. He forced my mother to separate my wolf from me and kill her," Jordan continues, her voice breaking. "Freyja was my first wolf. We were best friends and I have never felt the same connection with any other wolf since," her explanation continues, but she regains composure. "He murdered Freyja and a part of my sanity was lost by 12. I was matched with a new wolf, but she was too weak. I rid myself of her at 15 and got a stronger wolf. I attacked and murdered my father. My mother tried to stop me, but he had beat me for the last time. I no longer recognized that weak man as alpha. My mother became weak since I killed her mate. I was sent to the werecouncil and was training under their wing for years. I left at 18 to come back and lead my pack. Despite the rumors, my mother is still alive. She's traveling and a lot happier now that she is free from this. I have had three wolves in total, Estelle is my fourth," Jordan finishes her story. I know she left a lot out. She brushed over the werecouncil as if it was no big deal that they took her in.

Jordan stands and looks down. Her hand extends out to me and I take it. Our fingers intertwine and she leads me away from the cave. I take one last look back, deciding I will find out what she is hiding back there.