Chapter 38

Jordan's P.O.V.

Liam shakes my uncle's hand and gulps audibly. I smirk and look to Seth who is also enjoying this far too much. Uncle Slade lets out a deep laugh, Liam looks at me confused.

"Let me explain Liam," Slade begins and turns to walk back toward his throne. "Seth has explained the curse to you, correct?" Liam nods his head. "Well, after my idiot son screwed over that little witch bitch Scarlett, we were all thrown from heaven and left to rot down here. Lucifer and I didn't really see eye to eye on how to rule hell, so I killed him and took over. Seth is in line for the throne, but the more research we do, the more we realize Jordan is the rightful heir. However, this will corrupt her soul completely and she will never be able to leave the hell realm. This is where you come into play pup..." Liam lets out a low growl at which Slade just chuckles.

Seth and Slade look at me to continue. I sigh and stand from the throne I was occupying to walk toward my mate. "Liam, if we complete the mating process then I will be able to save a part of my soul, allowing me to leave... We think. However, our first-born pup will have to come to the hell realm to rule, forever," I circle around him allowing my wings to rub across his back. He shudders and moves away from me.

"Jordan, my first-born is to rule the wolves not hell," Liam grits his teeth trying to stay calm. I grin knowing how riled up he is becoming.

"Then you will need to reject me, and I will have to assign a new ruler over my pack. This isn't some option that we get to choose. This is my fate. This is our fate, if you choose to stay," I sigh not really caring. Seth is right, I'm pissed, and, in this form, I don't care for the bond at all. I would rather stay here than go back to the human realm at this point. They're all snakes in disguise. I may be the rightful heir to the throne of hell, but even I am not as evil as the humans who walk freely on the earth.

"How long do we have?" Liam brings me out of my thoughts, and I turn to face him with a devilish grin. His eyes are watering. Why is he crying? Why is the Royal Alpha so damn weak?

"I will come down from the throne in a year, at that point Jordan will take control or Seth will. Seth can rule, but our family will keep the curse of being fallen angels forever and we will never be allowed back into heaven," Uncle Slade explains not missing a beat. "Jordan will never be allowed into heaven. She is a sacrifice for the betterment of the rest of us," Slade finishes.

Seth looks away from us, feeling ashamed. He will always blame himself for my eternal damnation, but I came to terms with it long ago. Liam drops his head in defeat.

"We have a year to figure another way out. I am the Royal Alpha; I have access to people. I will find another way," Liam states surely. Uncle Slade rolls his eyes.

"You endanger her if you expose us. Do you really think your little wolves will respond well to a hybrid Luna? Especially a fallen angel? We are the most despised creatures. Even vampires hate us, dumb dog." Uncle Slade sits back on his throne. Liam growls and starts snarling at him.

"Do your best to withhold on the insults old man. Jordan I will protect, but you? I could give two shits less if you die, Slade," Liam smirks and flashes his canines. I laugh a little at the two of them.

"Boys, boys, don't get too riled up about all of this. It is all about me, isn't it? I think I deserve a say. I'd also prefer the safety of my family is secured. If Liam thinks he can help, then let's allow him," I turn to face him. "But you will keep everything a secret and my name along with my family's will not be known under any circumstances," I turn to Uncle Slade. "And you will respect him as he respects you," I walk back to my seat and sit.

Liam and Slade both mumble some insults but agree. Seth laughs at them both. "Wow, Jordan really has the both of you wrapped around her pinky, or you're both afraid of her," He snickers and they both give him a 'go to hell' look. "Aw, boys I'm already there, aren't I?" Seth doubles over laughing at them. Uncle Slade slams his hand down on the chair he's sitting in. Seth straightens immediately and stops laughing. "My apologies father."

"Seth, take Liam home. Jordan, I don't care what you do, but get out. I need peace and quiet. Something I won't be getting with you around," Slade rubs his temples and groans. I give him a fake pout and stand.

"No need Seth, I can take us both home. Stay here and aggravate the old man for me," I stick my tongue out and grab Liam's arm to take off running. Uncle Slade throws something at us as we rush out the door. I stick my head back in, "You missed me! You're getting slow with age Unc!" I shut the door before he chucks another book at me.

"JORDAN!!!!" Slade screams at me. I grab Liam's arm and jump off. We start flying away.

"Glad to know I'm not the only one you annoy," Liam says hushed. I giggle and loosen my grip on his arm, and he slips a little. "OKAY! I'M SORRY! QUIT MESSING AROUND JORDAN!" He screams up at me. I look down to see the fear running through his eyes. I laugh harder and pull him back up next to me.

"Calm down. Seth is under us anyway, he'd catch you... I think," I look down and Seth is gliding underneath us. He's got his back toward the ground and his face is up at us. He sends me a little smirk.

"Hey Jordan! Wanna play some catch with old wolfy boy?" He shouts up at us. Liam scrunches his eyebrows together.

"Sure! Catch!" I drop Liam completely and he starts falling straight toward Seth. Liam is screaming the whole way down, but Seth just catches him. We are both laughing while Liam is cussing up a storm.

"Catch!" Seth hurls Liam's big body back up toward me. I grab his arm; my nails dig into his arm slightly. He winces and growls at me.

"Jordan, if you throw me one more time, it won't be pretty for you," He growls at me and then half shifts in my hold. He scratches my arm back. I snarl at him but decide to stop throwing him. It is quite funny to see a man of his size being thrown around by a girl of my stature.

We fly the rest of the way back with Seth and I swapping between carrying Liam. He gets heavy after a while; I don't know how Seth flew the whole way with him the first time. Plus, Liam is so whiny. We approach the opening in the cave ceiling. I dive down fast as lightning with Seth and Liam following. We land back in the room.

I stand from my kneeling position I landed in. I brush myself off and look up into the familiar green eyes. "Fuck."