Chapter 20

Liam's P.O.V.

I wake up with Grim screaming in my head. I look around and realize I fell asleep in Jordan's room. I lightly squeeze her hand and look up to see if she moves at all. Jordan lays just as still as she was before. I let out a groan.

'Grim, she is still unresponsive,' I link to him sadly.

'Estelle's back! I can feel her now. I also sense others, but my mate is back!' He screams out and I grab my head.

'Stop screaming!' I hiss at him. 'What do you mean you sense others? Others within Jordan?' I question him, but he has already cut the link because I screamed at him.

I roll my eyes and get up to leave. I have a war to plan. We only have three hours before we are attacking. My back is turned to Jordan and I walk away. Dr. Grey walks in as I am leaving to check on her and take her vitals. Soon I hear screaming and Dr. Grey yells for nurses to come in. My head whips around and I try running into the room. The nurses begin working their way in and I cannot see anything, but a bright white light.

"What's happening?! Is Jordan okay?!" I scream out and no one answers. Making my way past everyone with force, I finally reach my mate's side. She is surrounded by this faint glow. Her blue hair is whipping around in the air and she is levitating above the bed. I reach out to touch her, but Dr. Grey smacks at my hand.

"Do not touch her. Allow the light to guide her," He calmly explains, but never takes his eyes off her. I look back and see her body slowly move into a standing position. Her eyes are not open, and she is still unresponsive, but this light is controlling her body. Jordan's legs move towards me and she is standing before me, still illuminated. My body stays still, but I am ready to catch her at any point if this white light drops her.

"Royal Alpha Liam," A voice comes out of Jordan's mouth, but it is not hers nor is it Estelle's. Who the fuck is controlling my mate? I let out a growl, but do not approach or move to touch her. Dr. Grey and everyone else is standing around with their mouths agape and eyes wide. "You must decide now if you accept Jordan as your mate," The voice continues.

I growl again. Her voice is much prettier than the one speaking right now even when she is screaming curse words at me. I look over Jordan. Grim is screaming to accept her, but I do not know. What does Jordan want? What if I say yes and she is forced to be with me forever even if she hates me? I shudder at the thought of her hating me. I could rid myself of the brat altogether right now. At the same time though, I cannot imagine my life without her. It would be so boring. Jordan is a handful, but she is my handful.

"I accept Jordan as my mate and the rightful Royal Luna of the werewolves," I state bluntly and nod my head. "I will love and respect her as my equal." The white light seems pleased by my answer and slowly starts to fade away.

Jordan's seafoam green eyes pop open and she falls into my arms. I catch her and tears immediately start streaming down my face. They are covering her, and she starts laughing.

"Liam, you big crybaby. I am fine." Jordan's voice comes out a bit hoarse and strained. I pull her in as close as I can. The sparks light up all over my body from touching her. She lets out a low groan.

"I'm sorry, am I hurting you?" I ask and loosen my grip on her a little bit. She sighs and looks up at me.

"No, you're okay. Just sore..." She zones out and her eyes glaze over like she's linking someone. I tilt my head and stare at her curiously.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask and her eyes return to their seafoam color. She shakes her head dismissing me. I let out a sigh and roll my eyes. How am I supposed to accept her if she won't open up to me? Jordan squirms around in my arms. I look back down to her small frame and a smile takes over. "Jordan, one day you will open up to me." I sigh and she looks up confused.

Dr. Grey clears his throat. I had honestly forgotten anyone else was here. I look up at him. "We need to run some tests on you Luna and make sure you are well enough to be released. Also, you probably need to rest," Dr. Grey is looking at Jordan the whole time, but my eyes never leave his face. Jordan nods and moves to get up, but I refuse to let her move. My claws are elongating, and I am becoming more and more pissed at the idea of her leaving me.

"Liam," her voice comes out soft and she rubs my arm. I look down at her and this pure wave of innocence is wafting off her. I smile and nod. I get up and carry her back to the hospital bed. We lay down and Dr. Grey comes over. Jordan moves to sit up and I let out a low growl. She looks back at me and rolls her eyes.

I don't know what happened. I went from not caring about her all that much to this damn bond making me feel so strongly about her. The Moon Goddess never makes mistakes, but could Jordan really be the one? She is feisty, powerful, rude, ill mannered, and temperamental. I look over at my little mate. Dr. Grey is performing regular reflex tests. A smile washes over me when she looks at me and smiles.

She is the one.