Chapter 47

Liam's P.O.V.

I think our first date couldn't have been more perfect. Grim and Estelle has time together, so he can finally get off my ass about that. Jordan didn't even argue with moving here with me after the mating ritual takes place. I smile thinking back to the night as I continue walking to my office. Jordan and I came in rather late, and then we both collapsed in bed.

I woke this morning around 7 but left her to sleep. She has a big day ahead of her. Braven contacted the council, much to my irritation. However, they are arriving at noon to start their trial of Jordan as Royal Luna. I open the door to my office.

"Alpha!" Connor stands next to the bookcase in my office. He has some papers in his hands and looks very surprised to see me. In my office. I raise my eyebrows and wait for him to start explaining just what the hell he is actually doing. "I-I uh... Listen I can't even come up with a decent enough lie for you to believe," he sighs before continuing. "The lady and man that were following us yesterday, well, Katarina couldn't really find anything. I got to thinking and in your office are birth records of every wolf born. I thought I would come to look and try to find out who they were. I think you should see this," Connor hands me the papers over.

I snatch them out of his hand and scan over them quickly. "Are you sure?" I look up at him. He nods his head. Well, this is quite a bit shittier than I expected. I pinch the bridge of my nose and growl in annoyance. "Tell Braven I need to speak with him immediately. And Connor if you ever come into my office to snoop without asking again, I won't think twice about handcuffing you and throwing you in a cell for a week." I snarl at him. He nods his head and shows his neck in submission before running out to get Braven.

I go to sit at my desk and look over the paperwork again. Why is this happening now? I have enough on my plate to deal with. Jordan's trial, the prophecies, planning the Luna coronation, catching up on the paperwork I've been procrastinating while out at Jordan's pack, meetings with other alphas, running the pack, and now this. I sigh and rub my face.

There's a knock on the door that pulls me out of my thoughts. "Come in." The person opens the door and walks in. "Oh, hi! I wanted you to sleep for as long as you could. How are you feeling?" I smile at the very sleepy Jordan who looks like she rolled out of bed to come find me. She walks toward me and sits in my lap. I smile and breath in her scent, immediately feeling the stress leave my body.

"You left me all alone this morning," She pouts slightly and the smile on my face grows.

"Sorry princess. Work calls, plus you looked cute sleeping. I thought it best not to provoke the beast," I laugh a little and she turns to stick her tongue out at me. She stands off my lap, much to my dismay. I finally take her in completely. She is wearing a black shirt with dark skinny jeans and house shoes that read 'Fuck Off'. I shake my head and laugh. "That's not typically what a Royal would wear..." I trail off and look at her.

She frowns and turns her attention from looking around my office to me. "Well maybe that's because I'm not a fucking Royal," she speaks curtly. I bite my lip. She is quite the beast in the morning.

"Well, technically you are now. You're mine. I'm the Royal Alpha, making you the Royal Luna," I stand and walk toward her. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her close to me. She doesn't look happy, but she doesn't fight me. I lean down to her ear, "Now isn't that right, mate?" She shudders in my arms.

I smirk and loosen my grip on her. So, she is afraid of me, to an extent. Maybe it won't be so hard getting her to submit to me after all. I have been on my best behavior lately. Allowing her to push me around and be dominant, but it's all a part of the plan.

Jordan clears her throat, looking at me waiting. "What?" I ask and add a smile in for good measure. She is my other half, I want her to submit, not hate me.

"Who are these people?" She asks, waving the papers in my face that were once lying on my desk. I frown and look at her.

"That is none of your concern. Don't touch things on my desk," I growl and snatch the papers from her. She looks taken back, but quickly recomposes herself.

"Okay asshole. I don't know who pissed in your cheerios this morning or why you're being such a dick, but when you're ready to apologize and talk, come find me," Jordan turns and leaves, slamming the door on her way out. Well fuck.

I didn't mean to piss her off, just to assert my dominance. I don't need her in a pissy mood when the council arrives. I'm not sure she will bother biting her tongue. Jordan may just give them a piece of her mind and tell them how ridiculous this whole trial is. I groan.

A harsh knock comes at the door. "Jordan, come in," I sigh, waiting for her to storm in and give me another piece of her mind. To my surprise, Braven peeks in around the door.

"Um, not her, but I did see her cussing your name every way possible on the way down the hall toward Seth's room. I can go get her if you'd like?" Braven asks while walking in. He seems amused with her behavior toward me. I shake my head, frowning. "Okay, well what did Connor come wake me up at seven in the morning for? He said you needed to talk to me, why?" He tilts his head to the side.

"It's her, Braven. She's here."