Chapter 27

Jordan's P.O.V.

I finished almost all the paperwork. Freyja has kept me very up to date on what is going on at the battle, and for that I am grateful. No one else can seem to answer their mindlink. All the warriors are headed back now. Freyja, Lilah, and Cerra are supposed to meet me in my room so they may return to my heart. I start to leave my office and head to my room.

My hands are running through my hair continuously as I think of trying to explain everything to Liam. I haven't forgotten about us talking after the battle. I just don't want to do it anymore. I groan loudly and open the door to my room. They should be here soon, Freyja linked and said they left five minutes ago.

I plop down on my bed and look around. Thank the goddess that they had cleaned the blood and gotten Luke's body out of here already. I shudder slightly and the memory replays back in my head.

I approach the door and swing it open. Luke's head whips around fast enough to break a human's neck. "Luke, what are you doing in my room?" I let out a growl but try to stay as nice as possible. I look at his hands and see the bag on the floor next to him. I look around and notice the red blinking lights. They are small and faint, I would've never noticed them had I not been suspicious and looking around. "Luke, why are you installing cameras in my room?" I growl at him, my canines extended.

"Luna, shouldn't you be preparing for the battle?" He asks nonchalantly, trying to change topics. I growl again, letting him know I mean business. He gulps and looks around. My eyes never leave his figure.

"Luke, I will ask one more time, why are you installing cameras in my room? If you do not answer willingly, the answers will have to come out other ways," A wicked smile takes over my face. Luke's eyes never leave the floor while I speak to him.

"Luna, I wish I didn't have to do this," He whispers and takes off charging towards me. He has never been trained for battle, so he is slow and off balance. I take control of the situation easily with a swift motion of my hand. Luke is now pinned to the wall on the far side of my room. I hold his body there as I walk toward my nightstand and open the top drawer.

"Luke, tell me who is making you do this, and I will allow you to live," I refrain from using my Luna voice and allow him to answer freely. He just sadly shakes his head. I pull the silver dagger from the drawer and walk closer to him. "Luke, this is your last chance to answer me freely before I get the answers anyway," I state calmly.

"Luna, I'm sorry. I have to do this for her," He looks into my eyes and I nod knowing what is going on. Drake is controlling him and using his past love to control him. I quickly draw all information out of him I need with my Luna voice and a little persuasion from my dagger. Unfortunately, I do not allow anyone who crosses me to live.

I look down at Luke, who is now on the floor curled into a ball with blood seeping out of him everywhere. I lift his head and look into his eyes. My canines extend and I bite down into his throat. "Finally," he strains out and I rip his throat out and watch the life leave his eyes. A wicked smile takes over my face.

I feel awful about having to kill a packmate, but the feeling of ripping someone's life from them and watching everything leave their eyes, is so so enjoyable.

I snap out of the flashback and look at the wolves in front of me. Lilah, Cerra, and Freyja are all back and unharmed. They all give me wolfy smiles and the white light envelopes them and soars back into my heart. I allow their presences to warm me and a small smile takes over my face.

'We all need to speak later. Somewhere away from everyone else,' I hear Cerra's voice ring through my head, and I feel myself give a small nod.

I take off running to the pack training grounds to greet my warriors and Liam. To my surprise I cannot seem to find Liam anywhere. I heal those I can and allow Dr. Grey to do his job of mending those that need some stitches or smaller needs. Those with broken bones and deep wounds, I quickly heal.

After what feels like hours of helping everyone get situated again, I feel myself looking around frantically for Liam. I tried to link him earlier, but no response. He has his mental block up and it is pissing me off. How the hell am I supposed to know he is okay?!

After looking over the crowd one last time, I let out a frustrated groan and sit on the podium. The warriors are greeting their families or getting stitched up. Everyone came back safely, minus the few with wounds. We have about 200 new wolves joining from Drake's pack, they are all off to one side of the grounds.

I let out another sigh thinking about how much paperwork this is all going to be. I feel someone let out a low chuckle behind me. I do not move as the man sits next to me. "Luna," Braven greets me. I give him a small nod. "He's not here, but I assume you already gathered as much," I nod again, waiting for him to continue telling me where Liam has gone. "He had to escort Drake to the werecouncil for their meeting. He should be back in the morning," Braven finishes. I give him one last nod before wandering off towards the woods.

How are we supposed to ever have a functioning mate relationship if he can't even tell me where he is going or doing? I shift and take off to the one place that can provide me some peace and clarity.