Chapter 14

Jordan's P.O.V.

Last night was chaotic and I woke up this morning feeling more tired than usual. Unfortunately, pack duties call, and the Luna does not get to ignore those calls. I rise from my bed and throw on some black jeans and a tye-dye tank top. I brush through my long hair and decide on space buns for the day. I brush my teeth and slip some Vans on. I walk out of my door and head to the kitchen for breakfast.

I have arranged a pack meeting to follow breakfast. Everyone who is not guarding the border is expected to be there. I can feel how tense everyone is around me after the event that occurred last night. I sigh and eat my breakfast quickly, hoping I can hurry along and get my pack back on track. These damn royals have come in and caused a shit ton of trouble for me.

A few younger children approach and one is crying. I bend over so I am eye level with them. "What is wrong buttercup?" I coo at the young curly haired boy who has tears streaming down his face. His friends are trying to cheer him up, but he starts sobbing. I pick the pup up in my arms and hold him, rubbing his back and trying to calm him down.

"I was just w-worried about you Wuna," the little boy finally gets out. I smile and kiss his cheeks. My sweet pack, my true attachment, the one thing that keeps me level-headed at all time, even they worry about their Luna. Despite my job is to worry about them.

"Don't worry about me little one. No one will ever take me away from our pack. This is my family too," I reassure the boy and take him to Frank. Frank gives me a smile and searches through the freezer to give the boy a popsicle. His friends begin to pout and before I know it, Frank and I are being surrounded by fifteen pups all asking for popsicles.

Frank looks at me and I giggle. "You started it Frank," I grab a popsicle and sneak away leaving him to deal with the parents of the pups. Sugar highs after breakfast are the best, I must admit. I approach the pack's meeting hall. I link everyone letting them know they have thirty minutes to finish up what they are doing and meet in the hall.

I begin setting everything up and go to sit in my chair at the head of the room. I can sense Liam is nearby. I take a minute to breath in his lovely scent. I feel hands rub my arms and goosebumps light up all over my arms. I can't help but to break out with a smile. The bond is starting to make it harder to resist him.

"How are you this morning, my little mate?" He asks me and kisses my hand. I smile at him and pull my hand back.

"I am still very irritated with you, mate," I hiss the word out and watch him tense and immediately relax and smile at me. Liam really knows how to push all my buttons. I roll my eyes at him and he sits next to me in the Alpha's chair.

"Get the fuck out of that chair right now," I growl at him and he looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed. He does not move, and I can feel myself become angrier and angrier by the minute. That chair would have been ripped from this hall years ago if I could have it removed. Liam stares at me expectantly like he is waiting for me to tell him why he cannot sit there. I am not much for chitchat, so I call upon Estelle.

'Estelle,' I purr her name out. Dumb wolf falls for it every time.

'Yes, Jordan?!' She answers back immediately and so eager to please me.

'Estelle, your mate is sitting in the Alpha chair. The chair that my father used to sit in after beating me to a bloody pulp on the floor,' I growl out. Estelle goes quiet and she takes control. I allow it because despite how naïve she is, she always protects me.

My eyes go black and Estelle's voice laces with my own. I take the backburner and allow her to do as she pleases. There are very few moments where I allow her to have full control, especially when she is pissed like now. Her power can get a little much for her to control without help. I turn my head to face Liam, who has yet to move.

"Jordan, was nice about asking you to move, but I have no problem ripping your tongue out and chaining you in the dungeon for the remainder of your pathetic life if you do not get the fuck out of that chair right now," Estelle is using our Luna voice. My eyes are black as night and Liam can immediately sense that Estelle is in charge.

"Aw, Estelle. I believe this is the first time you and I have spoken. Grim just adores you, but I'm not sure why. You seem to be just as much of a brat as Jordan is," Liam smirks as he finishes insulting us. Estelle doesn't allow him to keep that satisfaction for very long. One wave of my hand and Liam is down on the floor beneath me.

Now, I smirk with satisfaction. Liam growls and I can see his nails lengthen as his claws come out. Oo, he wants to play, hm? I bend over and pat his head. His growl grows and he is fighting hard to rise to his feet. Estelle, however, has other plans for out mate.

"You are not mated to us. You are not the Alpha of this pack. We do not recognize you as our equal. Do not overstep your boundaries. That chair is for a true Alpha to sit in. Not someone we barely know who may be just as bad as the last asshole that sat there," My voice sounds powerful and Estelle is becoming stronger and stronger. I let out a cold laugh and reign her in just a little before she destroys the hall with the thick skull of our mate.

Liam strains to look up at me. Our eyes meet and his claws shorten back into his normal nails. He is calming. I reign Estelle in more. If he will respect me and behave, then Estelle has completed her job for now.