Chapter 46

Jordan's P.O.V.

After my shower, I walk back into an empty room. I frown and pull the towel tighter around my body. I walk toward the bed and see a beautiful dress laying on it, along with a note. I smile and pick it up.

Jordan,

Get dressed. There is a guard outside the door. He will escort you to me.

-Liam

I smile and put the dress on. It is long and silky. The dress ombres from pinks to reds and has golden glitter dazzled throughout. I let my hair down and decide on a French braid. Finally deciding that I look decent enough, I walk out the door. The guard nods at me before leading me down the stairs and out the back door. We approach the massive garden that is filled with flowers of all colors and sizes. It could be a nursery with all the different types of plants.

The guard walks with me the whole way to the middle of the garden. That's when I see him. His back is facing away from me. The golden aura that surrounds him glows brighter as the sun sets behind him. Everything is picture perfect. His broad shoulders are tense as if he's nervous for his own plans. The guard clears his throat and Liam whips around.

"You look stunning," Liam breathlessly speaks. A smile spreads from ear to ear and a deep blush takes over my face as I say a quiet thanks. The guard leaves after Liam nods at him. Liam comes to help me walk up the three steps that lead into the gazebo. It has a table in the middle with food set up. There are candles and flowers decorating the table and surrounding areas.

"What is all this?" I ask and motion to everything around us. This is all so gorgeous. No one has ever done something like this for me. Liam helps me sit in the chair and pushes it up for me before going to the other side of the table and sitting down himself.

He shyly smiles up at me from across the table. "I just thought our first night here could also be our first date. I wanted to help ease you into the idea of living here considering after we mate, we will reside here," he explains smiling the whole time. My smile falters slightly, but I manage to keep my face from showing how I actually feel.

I guess it slipped my mind that at some point I would have to completely leave my pack and move to the castle. "Well, thank you so much. This is very lovely," I give Liam another smile before digging into the food.

We both eat with a calming peace around us. The sun finally sets with the moon rising in its place. The crickets begin to chirp as the birds calls become less and less. The night takes over and the sparkle returns to my and Liam's eyes. After all we are beasts of the night.

We both look at each other with smirks plastered on our faces. He starts to slowly unbutton his shirt, but I'm way ahead of him. The dress zips on the side, so I quickly unzip and step out of it. I'm left in just my underwear. Liam's eyes fill with lust and his hands falter unbuttoning his shirt. I slip the remaining clothing off and allow his eyes to take in my naked body.

I'm covered in ugly, deep scars. There are more than I can count, but each one holds a story. Each one allowed me to lose more and more of my sanity. Each one took more and more of my innocence away as a child. Each one led closer and closer to me becoming a murderer.

My bones start cracking as I shift. I shake my fawn colored fur out and Estelle lets out a howl to the moon. Liam approaches my wolf body and pets the top of my head. Estelle is practically purring just from his small touch. I roll my eyes and yip, urging him to shift so we can go for a run.

Liam removes the rest of his clothing and I turn away, much to Estelle's dismay who is urging us to mate more than ever. Damn heat. I hear bones cracking and a thud of four paws landing on the grass. The grey wolf comes over and nuzzles into my side. We smell each other and play for a while. Liam rubs as much of his scent that he can on me before we finally both take off running around the garden.

We chase each other, tackling one another when we finally catch up to the other. The night is spent with our wolves bonding. I allow Estelle full control and sink back into the depths of my mind. It's almost like I'm floating in an ocean when she has all the control. I am no longer responsible for anything. All my worries and concerns are onshore. They can't touch me when I'm out here.

But my demons can.