Chapter 48

Jordan's P.O.V.

Stupid fucking mate in this stupid fucking castle with these stupid fucking people who adore him. Everything I thought about him is wrong. How can he do something so sweet and romantic and then basically tell me to fuck off? I growl and bang on Seth's door. I hear someone fall and a groan. There's some more fumbling and I hear something else fall before the door opens slightly.

"Who in the fuck is banging on my door at seven in the morning?" Seth growls out with a deep sleep voice. I roll my eyes and push the door open to walk in. Keeping my eyes shielded, I throw some shorts off the floor at him. "You can turn around, you annoying little brat," Seth joking says, but there is some truth to it. He hates waking up early.

"Liam pissed me off and now I want to get even," I state clearly with my arms crossed over my chest. A look of total confusion morphs my cousin's face. He shakes his head and laughs at me. I snarl and give him a shitty look. He just laughs harder.

"Alright, alright," He's holding his stomach from laughing at me. "I'll help you, but I need you to play nice with him all day. We'll get even tonight. Invite Liam to go out with us to The Garage," A sickening smile comes over my face. Seth is a damn genius. The Garage is a nightclub filled to the brim with horny wolves and mixed breeds trying to bone.

"Oh Seth, what would my innocent mind ever do without your evil one to corrupt it?" I giggle and Seth rolls his eyes.

"Jordan, you are the evil one. I'm just smarter than you and can think levelheaded. Can I ask what wolf boy did to get you so worked up? You two were practically shitting rainbows last night after your date," Seth cocks his head to the side, studying me.

"He yelled at me! Told me not to touch things on his desk, said I wasn't dressed like a Royal, and then he even said I was one of them!" I shriek out and grab the sides of my hair pulling slightly. Seth shakes his head and chuckles.

"Jordan, hate to break it to you, but you kind of are one of them. I mean obviously you're cooler than these uptight snobs, but you are one of them now. Also, you don't like when people touch things on your desk either. You almost broke my arm when I grabbed a pen without asking to borrow it," Seth reminds me.

"Despite being mated to a Royal, I am not one of them. Yea, but he's hiding something. It was a woman's file. Why the hell does he have a woman's file pulled and sitting on his desk? And don't say I'm overreacting because if he was just doing some work, he wouldn't have been so defensive and secretive about it," I start rambling on becoming more and more heated by the second.

"Was she pretty?" Seth asks with his arms crossed over his chest as he watches me pace side to side in his room, ranting on and on about Liam.

"Why does it matter?" I throw the question at him like I could hurt him with the words. He shrugs and walks over to me, grabbing my shoulders. He makes me stand still and sighs.

"Maybe it really is just for work. Maybe you are just extremely jealous because you're about to go into heat. Liam looks at you as if you hung the damn stars in the sky Jordan. I doubt the dumb dog could cheat," Seth shakes me slightly. "Personally, I don't think you should ever compare yourself to any female because there is no competition there. Our family may be cursed, but we are all damn good looking," Seth gives me a devilish grin and I bust out laughing. He grins and the anger I came in with, dissipates.

"Fine, fine. You might be right, but we're still going out tonight. I want him to see just how good looking I am," I confirm to myself more than Seth. I look down at my arms and see the scars covering me. I groan a little. "Seth?" Seth is in the closet looking for clothes to change into at this point. He pokes his head out and looks at me. "Am I really pretty?" I ask.

Typically, no one sees me doubt myself, but Seth is the closest family I have. He is the only person I allow this weak side of me to come out for. Seth rolls his eyes. I've asked him this question thousands of times.

"Jordan you are fucking gorgeous. How could I be related to anyone ugly?" When I don't laugh or crack a smile, Seth realizes how serious I am. He finishes getting dressed for the day and comes back to the middle of his room where I'm standing. Every negative though is surging through my mind. "Okay, what has you in your head like this? The scars all over you?" Seth asks. I nod my head and look down to the floor. Tears well up in my eyes as the dam I've built is slowly breaking.

I am not weak. I am stronger than this.

"Jordan those scars only add to your beauty. They show how strong you are, how much you've faced, how much you've dealt with. They show that no matter how many times you got knocked down, you got right back up," Seth pulls me into a hug. A few tears run down my cheeks. I bite back sobs, but all I hear is Malcom.

All I hear is him telling me how ugly, worthless, and useless I am. How no one could ever love someone like me. How he is disgusted just by looking at me. I begin shaking. Seth squeezes me tighter, reminding me that he is there. But it's too late, the panic attack is here.

My mind goes blank minus every negative thought that just keeps replaying over and over in my head. "Jordan, just breath. You're safe. He's dead. You killed him. No one will ever hurt you like that again, I'll make sure of it," Seth rubs my back and hugs me tight.

The fear and anxiety in my body racks through me. Soon I am a sobbing, blubbering mess. Seth stays through the whole attack like he did when we were younger. He holds me as the dam slowly breaks piece by piece. He tells me everything is going to be okay as everything is falling apart in my head. He wipes the tears just so new ones can replace them.

I am just as weak as Malcom always said I was, but no one will ever know minus Seth. I'll make sure of that.