Chapter 40

Jordan's P.O.V.

Liam and I walk into my room. I grab some clothes out of the closet and head to take a quick shower. Liam follows me into the bathroom. "Ummmm? What do you think you're doing?" I question him as he closes the door behind himself and locks it. He turns and smiles at me before innocently raising his hands in fake surrender.

"I'm just going to take a shower too," He grins and takes his shirt off. He leans over to turn the water on and adjust the temperature of it. Once to his liking, he starts the shower and begins to undress completely. I turn away, my whole body feeling hot all over. Liam comes up behind me and grabs the hem of my sweater and starts to pull it over my head.

I cannot deny the bond that is pulling me toward him. I lift my arms above my head to help him take the sweater off. He follows my lead and undresses me. My back is pressed against him and I can feel every part of him against me. My face is bright red at this point. Liam picks me up and carries me into the shower with him. I shriek as the water hits my skin unexpectedly. He laughs at me and sets me on my feet. We begin to rinse our bodies off. Liam grabs the shampoo and begins washing my hair. He allows me to rinse it, then he applies conditioner and washes my body for me. I smile and allow him.

After I rinse, I wash him the same. Although, he must bend down so I can reach to wash his hair. He rinses and we exit the shower. He grabs two towels and dries my body off as I wrap my hair up with the other. After making sure I am snug, he grabs another towel and dries himself off. The smile on my face never leaves. He is being so gentle and caring. Who would've thought the big bad alpha could wait on someone?

I get dressed as does he in some clothes someone delivered at the door. We make our way to the seating area in my room. I sit on the grey loveseat that matches with the theme of my room. Everything is grey with silver and teal accents throughout. I grab a blanket and cover my legs up. The heat that was around my body with Liam is gone since he is no longer next to me.

Liam finishes getting dressed and walks toward me. Our eyes meet and we both smile. Everything is calm right now. We can finally talk. Liam takes a seat next to me and we face each other on the couch. He looks at me expectantly. My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Am I supposed to start?" I ask and Liam nods. "Well, what do you want to know? I've told you a lot already Liam," I shrug trying to think of something to tell him.

"Fine. I suppose you have told me a lot. I do have some questions though, but I will share some with you," Liam starts and looks down at his hands. "I am the second born of three. Braven is the youngest, and I have an older half-sister. We don't know much of her. My mother refers to her as a mistake. My father was drunk and had an affair with a witch. He tried to keep it all a secret from my mother. He kept the witch at the castle through the whole pregnancy, so if there were any complications he would be there and so would the medical team. Once my mother figured out what was actually happening, she allowed the witch to give birth there. She allowed my father to hold his child one time before kicking the child and mother out. It was a real strain on their marriage, but my mother seemed to just move on from it. I've tried finding my sister or contacting her so many times. I don't know her name or much about her though, so it isn't easy to find much out. I am 75 years old. I took over the throne 30 years ago. Since I am a part of the Royal lineage, I age slower. That is why I look so young," Liam smiles at me. My nose scrunches up.

"Ew, so you're 56 years older than me? That is kind of disgusting," I bite my lip and look over my mate. He looks so young, I honestly thought he was 25 at the oldest. Liam studies my face.

"Is that a problem little one?" Liam chuckles a little at me and I shrug.

"I suppose the Moon Goddess has a plan for putting me with such an old man," I stick my tongue out at him. "But back to your sister. Have you ever asked your parents if they knew of her whereabouts or anything?" Liam shakes his head no.

"Like I said, my parents gave her away willingly. Any time we asked, the subject was changed. There was one picture in the whole castle of her. All I know is her eyes are golden with specks of blue. I could recognize them anywhere," Liam states so sure of himself. I rub his arm and give him a small smile. "Anyway, I shifted when I was sixteen. My favorite color is jade green, and I can control fire," Liam smiles. My eyebrows shoot up.

"You can control fire? Why can't you summon it the way I do then?" I question still not understanding all the quirks of my mate.

"I can control it, but I cannot create it," He explains with a matter of fact tone. I giggle at him and scoot a bit closer. I summon the fire to come to my hands and look at him waiting. He smiles and grabs the fire out of my palm. He begins shifting it around, making various shapes with it. I watch with fascination as the flame becomes a wolf running in his hands. Liam turns and shoots the wolf toward the fireplace. It takes off running and then the fireplace ignites.

Liam turns to me smiling, and I can't help but feel proud. Maybe my mate isn't so useless after all. "Jordan, who were those wolves that came to the battle with us?" I bite my lip. I knew this was coming. I've showed Liam every side of me. I guess it's time to show him the past sides of me as well.

"Those wolves are Freyja, Cerra, and Lilah. The three wolves that were mine prior to Estelle. The Moon Goddess blessed me with all four of them again. Estelle and I are soul bonded, whereas the other three live within my heart. I can summon them and link them. However, when I shift, I only shift into Estelle. Freyja, Cerra, and Lilah can be summoned from my heart without me shifting. They are connected to me but are still free wolves. I can show you, if you'd like?" I look up at Liam who has a stern face. He gives me a nod. I close my eyes and ask the girls to please show themselves.

A bright white light comes out of my chest. I feel it running through me, it is so pure. The darker side of me is pushed farther back. It has come to hate the light and all the good it cast forth. I hear Liam gasp as Freyja, Cerra, and Lilah all step out of the light and stand before us now. The three sit and look between Liam and me.

'So, you finally told your mate about us, huh?' Freyja links me, and I give a small nod.

Liam's mouth is hung open as he continues to look at all three of them and then back at my chest. I giggle a little and motion for them to come closer to us. They all oblige, and I begin to nonchalantly pet each of them. Liam reaches out to stroke Lilah's fur, as if seeing if this was all real.

"I can't believe this. The Moon Goddess has blessed you with four wolves, but why? What makes you so special and how are you the key to all of this? Jordan, something big is going to happen. The prophets warn the Royals about a woman like you. She possesses both evil and good. She is the definition of yin and yang. I think we need to visit my castle's library. There's more information there about you than you know..." Liam trails off.