Chapter 51

Liam's P.O.V.

I look around at the council members. The staff sitting around us stay quiet. Seth and Frank keep their eyes trained on the council members. They all look at each other and appear to be linking with each other. Celius has anger in his eyes and his features contort into a frown. Jordan sighs and eats the food on her plate. I stay quiet for five minutes.

Finally, Celius clears his throat and looks at all of us. I raise my eyebrows. "We have made a decision..." He starts and Jordan turns, giving him her full attention. "Jordan, you are more than capable of doing this. We are incredibly sorry for doubting you. You have showed nothing but respect and care to every member while we were disguised. Although, we do think you need to take lessons with someone on the duties of being the Royal Luna, and maybe choose some different music to play while cooking," Celius looks to her and she lowers her head with a smile taking over.

Seth chuckles and Frank scolds him. I bite my lip to keep from laughing myself. What was this girl listening to? We eat the rest of the meal with laughter and smiles everywhere. Jordan and the council get caught up. She introduces herself to Charlie and Kelly, the newest members that have not yet met her.

"Well, despite how much fun I'm having, Alpha duties call," I stand to excuse myself from the table. They all say their goodbyes and I head back to my office. I glance at the clock in see it is 3:15. Well, I'll be spending the rest of the day doing paperwork.

I sigh and open my office door. My mother and Braven are still both sitting there, much to my surprise. They both turn their heads eagerly to see me. I give them a look of pure confusion.

"Did you punish her?" My mother asks too eagerly for my liking. I shake my head and go to sit at my desk. "Why not?!" She shouts and stands, putting her hands on her hips. "The girl disrespected me! Everyone saw!" She shouts louder. I rub my temples and look at Braven, who is eating up every word my mother shouts at me. Stupid mama's boy.

"The council was in disguise in the kitchen when you threw your tantrum mother. They all saw. They also informed me of what actually occurred and how disrespectful you were to Jordan and Seth," Her face falls. Her whole bullshit charade is over. Braven looks to our mother with surprise in his eyes.

"Is this true mother? Were you being rude? Why would you come and spout such a story about the future Luna?" Braven questions her and she rolls her eyes. I have never seen her act this way before. This is totally out of character.

"I don't need some young girl coming in and taking over as Luna. She'll just mess everything up. Plus, no one treats me the same as they did before. They don't bow before me and do as I wish," She pouts and puts her head down. I roll my eyes at this.

"You have been treating the staff poorly for as long as I can recall mother. They are simply listening to Jordan and not allowing you to walk over them any longer," I explain rubbing my temples. The stress that finally left is back.

Braven turns away from our mom and turns to me. I shrug. He sighs. "Mom, I think it's best if you live. Liam and I have serious pack matters to deal with," Braven speaks. She huffs and storms out, slamming my office door. "I don't know what's wrong with her," he sighs looking off into space. I shrug again and start doing paperwork.

Braven clears his throat and I look up from the papers I was initialing. "Yes Braven?" I question, the irritation showing slightly in my voice. He furrows his eyebrows together.

"Are you not concerned about mother?" He asks with a tone of his own. As if I'm in the wrong for dealing with paperwork that decides the future of this pack. I roll my eyes at him.

"Why should I be concerned? She's jealous of my mate coming in and taking her position. She wanted to keep treating those beneath her like shit. What part of that concerns me?" I ask, the irritation taking full control of my voice. I'm trying to do fucking paperwork not deal with adults who are acting like children.

"Well, she is our mom! Maybe show a little sympathy for her!" Braven pushes his chair back and stands abruptly. "She raised us to show respect! Maybe try it!" He turns to leave. A vicious growl cuts through the air and shakes my chest.

"Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up!" My Alpha voice demands. He tries to resist, but ultimately sits back down. "You want to talk about respect, try showing some to your Alpha," I growl out. Braven shows his neck in submission. "I do not have sympathy for her. She has treated the staff like shit our whole lives, apparently you are too naïve to see that. It makes me wonder if you can hold your Beta position or if you will continue to let your childish mama's boy thoughts cloud your vision. She was clearly lying about the whole story. Use your brain," I lowly growl at the end.

Braven looks up in surprise. I have threatened his title twice before. I have no problem stripping him of it. I knew things would be way too complicated having him as Beta, but I wanted the Royal lineage to stay in place in case something happened to me. Braven would take over, but that was before I found my mate. Now that I can have pups who will continue baring the title, there is no need for him to hold this position.

"Alpha, my apologies. I will not allow my personal life to interfere with my duties, but I suggest you do the same. If you don't see how hypocritical you are being, then you, brother, need to use your brain and open your eyes," Braven concludes and stands. He goes to the door to leave. This time I don't stop him.

I resume my paperwork without any further disturbances. I thought pack work was exhausting. I had forgotten how troublesome my mother and brother can be when we're home. I groan as I finish one pile and start the next. I'm in for a long night.