Chapter 60: Awaken

Third Person P.O.V.

Training in the mind was something Izuku had never thought he would be doing. There were multiple notable differences from the training than any training he had ever gone through in his entire life, and that definitely cost him some time to adapt too. Firstly, he couldn't use his quirk as (according to the demon), that would activate his quirk in his physical body too, causing him to be forcibly brought back to the normal world. Secondly, he didn't tire, and couldn't die either. Sure, he could definitely get hurt, but the wounds would always heal immediately with no repercussions whatsoever. For example, the demon had once accidentally cut his head off, which hurt more than Izuku had thought was possible. But, his head had simply reattached itself to his body with no scars or anything of the like. He also didn't need sleep, food, or water, which definitely came in handy.

But beyond that, the demon was easily the most difficult opponent he had ever fought against in his entire life. Not the strongest, but the most difficult. The demon knew his every move, knew his every thought, and could easily see through all of the tricks Izuku attempted to use.

"What...", Izuku panted, out of breath from the vigorous training. "How are you doing this?"

"Well, I am literally part of your mind.", the demon replied. "It is impossible to trick yourself, right? Anyways, don't use these kinds of tricks in this training. Your goal is not to defeat me, but to strengthen yourself in order to wield your quirk without any repercussions"

"I understand that...", Izuku panted. "But even if you are part of my mind and can read my moves, how are you so much stronger and faster than me?"

"That is due to me spending my entire life here.", the demon answered. "It is my natural habitat. I naturally have the advantage here. If you wish to become strong enough to handle Blessing of God, you need to be strong enough to take me in a fight with ease."

Izuku nodded and charged the demon head on with a kick to the chest, but the demon deflected the kick with ease and karate chopped him in the head, knocking him to the ground.

"Do not worry, Izuku.", it said as it helped him off the ground. "You can do this."

Izuku gritted his teeth and nodded. "Thanks."

And thats how his time in his mind went, fighting and training endlessly with no breaks at all. There was no sense of time in there, only fighting. Any other person would've given up due to the sheer amount of training making them go crazy, but not Izuku. He refused to let up, especially when so much was on the line.

300 Years Later 

(A/N The 300 years won't have any impact on Izuku's memories or anything, because he's in his own mind. For him, it just feels like a super long training session.)

Izuku did a backflip over the demon and sent a kick directly to its stomach, the attack connecting and sending the demon flying backwards. In response, the demon karate chopped him in the shoulder, bringing him to the ground. Izuku immediately recovered and closed the distance between them in a second, sending a barrage of punches faster than the eye could see. The demon blocked a few of the hits, but the rest connected with the force of bullets.

The demon landed on the ground and put it's hands up in a placating gesture.

"Ha...ha... I yield.", it panted as it raised itself from the ground. "Nice one."

Izuku grinned as he jogged over. "It's all thanks to you, sensei."

"I told you not to call me that!", the demon said jokingly. "It's embarrassing."