Chapter 43: Eri

Third Person P.O.V.

As soon as Overhaul's body hit the ground, stormy clouds formed and rain started pouring in full force. Izuku tried to stand up, but then fell to the ground on one knee with laboured breaths.

"Tch. The sleep is getting to me.", Izuku murmured, then collapsed into Momo's arms.

"You did great, Izuku.", she whispered as she smiled and held him gently. "Now, you need some rest."

Eri came over from behind Momo and stared at Izuku's sleeping body. "What's wrong with him? Is he dead too?"

Momo only smiled and hugged Eri too. "No, only sleeping. Once he comes back I'm sure he'll want to talk with you."

A few minutes later, police and a squad of ambulances came to the scene and took all the injured people away, dispersing the crowd.

"Momo! We have to take Eri to the police headquarters!", Uraraka shouted as she waved to her. "They said to bring Izuku too!"

Momo nodded and picked Eri up gently while Bakugo picked up Izuku, and all the student/heroes and Eri went into a van together.

There was an awkward silence at first, but Uraraka finally spoke up. "Are... are all hero missions really like this?", she asked quietly. "So many things happened... there's no way they're all like this, right? There's no way Izuku has been doing this for the whole week, right?"

Bakugo put an arm around her comfortingly, and shook his head. "Nah, they're not. I learned about it a couple of times with Best Jeanist, and they're generally much more small-scale. This was just an outlier."

"But Izuku really is incredible, isn't he?", Iida said. "Now that I've gotten my first taste of hero work, he seems even more admirable than before."

"That's true.", Todoroki said. "The world of heroes is really tasking."

"Will the green mister be ok?", Eri suddenly asked. "He looks really tired..."

Momo smiled and patted Eri on the head as she stared at Izuku's sleeping body that was draped over a seat. "Don't worry, he's just been working really hard recently. He'll be fine.", she answered. "I'm sure he'll be really happy that you're safe."

Eri nodded, but she seemed unsure. "Ok... but how about the other man? The blonde haired one with the cartoon face?", she asked with a worried expression. "And the glasses man?"

Momo smiled with a hint of worry. "I'm sure they'll be fine too."

The van ground to a stop, and the small group entered the police headquarters, where they were directed to a meeting room. Izuku was taken to a lounge to sleep while Eri was taken to the side by a few policewoman and some therapists.

"Ah! I'm happy to see you're all relatively fine!", Tsukauchi said from the head of the table. "Please, take a seat."

They all complied, and Tsukauchi studied them with concern.

"So, could somebody please inform me of what happened?", Tsukauchi asked after a brief silence. "Sorry, but there just isn't anybody else that I can ask for a report. Of course, if you feel like you can't do it, you aren't exactly obliged. This job is actually supposed to go to the highest qualifying officer, but all of the officers aren't in a position to be able to give information immediately."

Momo nodded her head, and recounted what had happened, all the way to Izuku's sudden appearance. "But I do have a question.", she said after she told him about how Izuku came out of nowhere. "How did Izuku get here? Wasn't he supposed to be asleep?"