Chapter 19: Gran Torino

Third Person P.O.V.

Izuku studied the old man with curiosity. He seemed like a hero, but he was too old. He didn't seem like a villain, and there was nothing menacing about him. Maybe a retired hero?

"H-Hi Gran Torino. Why are you looking for Izuku?", he asked as he shook Gran Torino's hand.

"Ah, it seems you know Izuku. Most of why I'm looking for him is classified, but I can say that I'm trying to help him become a better hero. There's alot about his quirk that is unknown, and learning about it will be beneficial to his growth. Could you tell me where he is, if you do know?", Gran Torino said.

"Well, I'm Izuku. Sorry for not saying right away, but I wanted to he cautious.", Izuku said apologetically as he scratched the back of his neck.

"So you're the brat? Good, I've been looking all over for you. Yagi told me that you would most likely be here yesterday, and I came to teach you. Your use of your multiple quirks is mediocre, at best. You could use it more to your advantage, but it looks like you need a real teacher that can really help you.", Gran Torino said as his demeanor changed from a kind old man to a scary teacher-like old man.

"M-My quirks? How do you know about this?", Izuku asked as he was shocked at how much the old man knew about him.

"Of course I know about all this! I am your teachers teacher, you idiot!", Gran Torino shouted as he jumped and hit Izuku on the head.

"Y-You taught All Might?!?! That must be why you know so much... but shouldn't you be retired by now?", Izuku asked.

"I am. I'm just teaching you, not coming out of retirement. Now demonstrate your quirks.", Gran Torino answered calmly.

"A-Alright... which one?", Izuku asked.

"Any of them."

Izuku teleported to the sidewalk, waved to Gran Torino, then teleported back.

"Hmmm... interesting. I heard you can also make portals? Can you show that too?", he asked thoughtfully.

Izuku made a portal, and put his hand through it. His hand disappeared, and reappeared next to Gran Torino.

'"Interesting... very interesting. Have you ever found out what type of warp quirk you have?", Gran Torino asked.

"Erm... what do you mean by type of warp quirk?", Izuku asked.

"You idiot! Didn't you learn that all warp quirks are different? There has never been any that have the exact same drawbacks and characteristics! For example, I had a friend who could only warp people to and from him. He couldn't warp himself, but it still counted as a warp quirk. And the one from the USJ. We believe he can only make portals in his line of sight and/or if he knows the exact coordinates. Warp quirks are extremely rare, and it is always important for someone with a warp quirk to understand the full capabilities of their quirk. Now, what is yours?", he asked.

Izuku thought for a second, then answered. "Well, there is something that is pretty weird about the portals. If I can see where the portal is, or I can calmly visualise what the place looks like, then I'm all ok. But if I can't visualise it, then the portal doesn't open. For example, I had a quirk fitness test in class, and I made a portal to America. I could do it because it was a place I had been to before, and I could visualise it perfectly. But once, I tried making a portal to China, where I had never been before. Nothing happened. Also, during the USJ, I tried making a portal to UA for the class to escape through, but it didn't work. I was stressed out about the villains just then, and I think that might be the reason why I couldn't make the portal.", he said in his trademark mumbling.