Chapter 3: Inko Midoriya

After Izuku managed to escape from the crowd that had so many questions, he went straight to Bakugo to check he was ok, only to find him being interviewed too. He smiled to himself as he saw that Bakugo wasn't being ignored, which he had been afraid of.

Bakugo seemed to be taking a long time, so Izuku told him he would be going home first when there was a break in the interviews. (There were so many interviews because other news stations had come and wanted a full description. Also the police had came to investigate, something Izuku didn't want to get involved with)

As he was walking away from the crowd, he noticed that more people were still coming to see what had happened, and he sighed.

'Kacchan's going to have a hard time isn't he...', he was thinking when he suddenly remembered something he had to do.

"Shoot! What time is it?", Izuku said to himself. He looked at his watch and saw that it was 6:30 p.m. He immediately ran to the opposite direction that he was going before, not noticing that All Might (In skeleton form) was following him.

When he finally stopped running, he was at the hospital. He took a deep breath, then walked in. All Might, who noticed this weird action of Izuku, followed him to a room in the far edge of the hospital, where the hospital beds were kept. All Might had to stay outside of the room, as he would be instantly caught by Izuku if he followed him into the secluded room. This is what he heard from the room.

"Hey mom..."

No answer.

"I know you can't hear me... but I want you to know I'm doing well! It's a little hard without you... but Kacchan and Aunt Mitsuki (A/N This is Bakugo's mom) have been taking good care of me since the... accident."

From all this, All Might deduced that Izuku's mother had been in an accident, and Izuku was being taken care of his friend Bakugo's family for the time being. He was surprised that he had suddenly become caring for Izuku, and was worried for his well-being. Suddenly he heard crying.

"I know you wouldn't like this, but ever since the man fighting All Might hurt you so badly when you were trying to protect me... I've been trying to find him. I found out that All Might defeated him despite suffering a horrible injury during the battle. But after investigating, I found out that he had survived."

All Might was shocked when he heard this. 'Is he talking about my battle with All for One 5 years ago? That must be it. Then is his family another family that was affected by my incompetence to defeat All for One quickly?'. Then he remembered what had happened, and who Izuku's mother was.

Flashback to All for One vs All Might

The battle was getting out of hand. All for One had used one of the advantages that he had over All Might, this advantage being that All Might was a hero, so he had to save people.

All for One had attempted to take the battle to the city area, but All Might didn't let it happen. Instead they landed in a less populated suburb area. There they fought evenly, even though All Might was saving citizens left and right while he was fighting All for One.

All Might kicked All for One into a nearby soccer field, but All for One suddenly sent a wind attack that sent All Might flying too. When he returned, he saw All For One... talking to a woman with green hair? Before he could wrap his head around what was happening, the woman slapped All for One and attempted to run away with the young child.

All Might ran as fast as he could to stop what he knew what would happen, as a chill went down his spine. But it was too late. All for One punched the woman, undoubtedly breaking multiple bones and perhaps even killing her. As the young child cried, All for One picked him up and spoke to him. At this point All Might was close enough to hear what was happening and was shocked.

"It's ok little one... your safe. All will be fine.", All for One said with regret and sadness to the young boy. What happened next shocked All Might the most of all things. All for One put his forehead on the young boys forehead and... cried.

All Might was in shock, but he decided that he still had to stop All for One. Their battle continued on that field, and ended there too, as All Might won after suffering a vicious and devastating injury to his stomach.

"Damn you All Might..."

"All for One... you're under arrest.", All Might said as he collapsed from the injury.

There was a moment of silence between the two of them until they heard sirens.

"All Might... promise this one thing.", All for One rasped through his pain.

"Why would I do anything for you, villain?"

"If you are a true hero, then please... I beg of you."

All Might, taken aback from this request, agreed.

"That boy over there next to his mother... protect him. Make sure he lives. Make sure that he gets a home. And one day when he's old enough... tell him I'm sorry about his mother."

All Might agreed, then promptly lost consciousness.

Later, he would ensure that the mother got the best medical attention possible, and made sure the young boy got a home. He would check on him every couple of years (In secret of course) to make sure he was safe. He didn't know why he payed so much attention to the young boy. Maybe it was because of the sincerity and genuine sadness in All for Ones voice when he asked All Might to help the boy, or the fact that he sensed the boy would become something special in the future.

Flashback End

All Might realized that Izuku was that very same boy, and nearly passed out then and there. Suddenly he heard more from the room.

"I searched for him because I wanted to learn his story... why he became a villain. I promise I'm going to be the greatest hero ever, even surpass All Might, and make it so that no one will go through what had happened to that villain to make him like that. I swear it on my life."

All Might felt his heart pounding (A/N Just realized this could be taken the wrong way. All Might isn't gay for Izuku, his heart is pounding because he thought that he had found the perfect successor), he believed that he had just found the perfect successor for One for All... someone who understood the villains point of view... someone who wouldn't only save people from villains, he would save villains from themselves.

All Might then listened more as he heard Izuku recount more things to his mother.

"Oh yeah! Today I met All Might, and I saw his real form."

All Might was slightly saddened because he knew that Izuku would call him a disappointment after seeing his weakness...

"I think it's even cooler than his muscly form!"

'Wait what?' All Might thought as he jerked his head up in shock.

"Its so cool that he knows that he can go into a state where he's weak, but still runs to help everyone else! That's the type of hero I want to be like when I grow up, completely selfless!"

All Might was shocked. He had never met someone who had such a pure heart, and he knew what he had to do.

He had found the future 9th user of One for All