Chapter 40: Pro Hero

Third Person P.O.V.

"So... What do you want, random police man extra.", a massive muscle bound hero with a red cape asked. "As you know, I don't have all the time in the world. I am a pro hero after all."

"Calm down, Powerman.", a woman wearing a skintight bodysuit answered. "As a pro hero, you should have more respect for your colleagues. That man is Tsukauchi, one of the top policemen in the force."

"SHADDUP WOMAN! DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!", Powerman answered as he got up and stared the heroine straight in the eyes. "I'm top in the running for top hero now that everybody else is out for the count, so I'd watch my words if I was you."

"I have a name, idiot.", the woman answered disinterestedly. "Anyway, Eraser Head. Who's the kid?"

Izuku watched the entire exchange between the gathered pro heroes with a fanboy-like grin.

"Powerman! And Miss Super! I'm a really big fan!", he shouted as he started bouncing in adorable excitement. "C-Can I have an autograph?"

"S...Sure kid...", Miss Super answered. "Anyway, Eraser Head. Looks like all of the UA teachers have come except for the principal. Is it true that all the teachers of top hero schools are being pulled out of school to help with hero work?"

Aizawa only nodded and didn't answer.

"So I'm guessing that this kid is a UA student. Why is he here?", she asked as she studied Izuku with mild interest. "I feel like I've seen him before."

Before Aizawa could answer, a shout came from the door.

"Eraser!!! You're really here!", a cheery light green haired woman with a bandana shouted as she sat next to Aizawa. "Let's get married."

Aizawa only groaned, and slumped into his seat. "Please leave me alone..."

The woman only laughed and plopped down next to him. "Oh, who's the kid?"

Before Izuku could answer, Tsukauchi cleared his throat.

They were all in a large auditorium, but only approximately 500 of the seats were being occupied. Tsukauchi was at the front, at the stage with a mic.

"Hello everybody. Now, we are pressed for time, so I'll cut to the chase. You are all the top heroes that Japan has to offer at the moment, and we'll need your help to keep Japan safe in this time of danger.", Tsukauchi announced. "I'm sure everybody understands the situation we're in, so you already know our mission. For now, until our top heroes return, we have to 'hold the fort down'."

There was a complete silence as the pro heroes contemplated this.

"Anyways, we have been forced to bring out pro hero teachers from their schools due to the fact that we need as many people on hand as possible.", Tsukauchi continued. "We have also pulled in some of the top students that our hero schools have to offer. Have you heard of the Elite Ten?"

Izuku turned to Aizawa with confusion. "Elite Ten? What's that, isn't that from that food anime?"

Aizawa shook his head with dissappintment. "You should know this by now. And also, that is a thing from the food anime, but the author definitely didn't just copy that because he's uncreative."

Izuku nodded. "But what's the Elite Ten? Why haven't I heard of that yet?"

"Probably because you were too caught up in saving lives.", Aizawa answered. "Anyways, the Elite Ten is a collection of the top hero students across the country. They are considered to be the top pro hero candidates after they graduate. You already know the top three."