Chapter 5: One for All

(Still Izuku P.O.V)

The next day, me and Kacchan started our training for real, as there were only 10 months until the UA entrance exams.

We found a nice forest to train in, and we used that secluded area to have small 1vs1 battles. We were very evenly matched, as Kacchan knew so many of my moves, and vice versa. We also hit the gym every day to increase our strength, but most of the training was based on fighting.

1 month into the training, Kacchan got a letter from America. It said that a hero recruitment agency had noticed him and saw potential, and were offering him a 9 month training workshop in California. At the beginning, Kacchan didn't want to accept, as the two of us would be separated for the longest time ever since I moved in with him. Although I knew I would definitely miss him, I convinced him (With the help of Mitsuki) that this is a once in a lifetime experience that he would regret giving up.

Bakugo eventually accepted, and left Japan the following week. I knew that I had to increase my training in order to keep up with him, as people who trained in America were always much stronger than ever before. I was at a nearby cafe taking a break while wondering how I could become stronger and not fall behind Kacchan. I knew that there were countless ways, but I just needed to find the most efficient and safe one. That's when I heard the voice.

"Young Midoriya!", All Might (In skeleton form) called out from the street next to the cafe. I immediately ran over to him.

"Hi All Mi- I mean sensei! What brings you around here?", I asked with confusion. It's very rare to meet the No.1 hero more than once unless you knew him personally.

"Actually, could we go to a more secluded area to talk?"

"Of course sensei!", I responded.

We walked over to a beach area with tons of trash, and All Might began talking.

"Nice save back there by the way. But why did you call me snsei?"

I answered, "Well it was the first thing I could think of that wouldn't bring attention to you... I'm sorry if I offended you in any way!"

"No, no, no, I'm not offended at all. Actually that's what I wanted to ask you about."

I was very surprised. "You want to teach me?"

"Well if you don't accept something that is very important first, then I won't be able to. First I'll give you the backstory about my quirk."

I listened intently as All Might told me about One for All. I realized that I was maybe one of the only ones that knew the truth about his quirk. When All Might told me that he is weakening, and that he wants to give me his quirk, I gasped. I realized that All Might had probably scoured the entire country in search of a good successor, and I had been deemed most worthy of wielding the power of All Might. I suddenly got a question.

"How was One for All created?", I asked. It was something All Might had avoided, but he had to answer me now. He sighed to himself and looked at me with pity.

"When quirks were first created, there was man who got the most powerful quirk ever. He could steal the quirks of others. He became a villain, and created One for All during his rise to stardom.", All Might answered slightly nervously.

I was wondering why he seemed so nervous, but then I used logic and realized what had happened 5 years ago.

"5 years ago... was that villain you fought All for One?", I ask.

"Yes, but how did you know?"

"Just logically thought it out."

"There is one thing I want to say though.", All Might continued with a sad look.

"What is it?"

"During that battle when your mother was injured, I could have prevented it, but I froze. It was the first time that had happened. It made no sense."

I slowly realized what was happening.

"I apologize for my incompetence. It was my fault that your mother was injured. If I hadn't froze... you would have had a better life...", All Might said while staring at his feet.

I didn't know what to say.  I guess he expected me to be angry, but I admired him even more because of his apology. I knew there were barely any heroes that were in the business to really save people. Instead, they were chasing money and fame. These were the heroes that disgusted me the most.

"All Might... I was never angry at you for not saving my mom. I only admired the fact that you managed to save many more than were killed or injured, so there's no reason to apologize."
.
.
.
All Might P.O.V

Was this for real? I had been expecting Young Midoriya to get angry, but he forgave me so easily? I have truly found the perfect successor for One for All. What he said next relieved me even more.

"And... I accept One for All! I'll train and use that power to put an end to all villainy!", he said confidently.

I changed into my muscle form.

"Excellent, Young Midoriya!", I shouted with happiness. "Now eat this." I held out a strand of my hair to him.

Young Midoriya looked understandably shocked. "W-what do you mean?"

"Eat it.", I answered. "This will give you One for All."

Young Midoriya accepted it with a hint of doubt and swallowed it with a grimace.

"Now do you feel it? The power coursing through your veins? The power that you will use as a hero?", I asked excitedly.

"No", he answered nonchalantly.

I realized that he still hasn't built his body to the level where he could use One for All successfully yet, so I said, "Your body isn't built to the point that you could use One for All yet."

Young Midoriya looked confused.

"But I train every day!", he exclaimed with confusion.

At first I am confused at this, then realized the reason that he can't use One for All.

"It is always battle training, isn't it?". I asked.

"Yes... why?", he answers.

"What you need is strength training. And not just weights. There needs to be a goal in mind. Something that'll push you over your limits.", I answered.

"Okay then... then I'll clean this part of the beach! I'll pile the trash up until this entire coastline is clean!"

I'm shocked. 'Does he really think that he can do this without using a quirk? It would take too long... a year and a half at best...'

"And I'll do it before the UA entrance exams!", he added confidently.

I shook my head in disbelief. 'That's impossible... I'll just go along with it for now... even if he doesn't succeed, all that matters is that his strength increases.' I thought to myself.

But turns out I'm in for a giant surprise in 9 months.