Chapter 24: The Sports Festival

Third Person P.O.V.
Small Time Skip

Three days later, everyone was ready for the Sports Festival. Everyone had trained extensively, even Mineta, and they were all looking better than ever. Izuku had improved the most, and his One For All max was now 35%.

(A/N I changed the numbers because the scaling was off... sorry if it confuses anyone who is rereading or anything)

"I can't wait for this!", Kirishima shouted happily. The class was in one of the waiting rooms, waiting for Sports Festival to start.

"Me neither! I've trained so hard, I'm going to shock all of you!", Kaminari shouted.

"Shut up, idiots! I'll beat all your sorry asses!", Bakugo shouted at both of them.

"Sure, whatever you say, Bakugo."

Suddenly, Todoroki approached Izuku, and was noticed by everyone. He wasn't on bad terms with Izuku, but wasn't friends either.

"Izuku... I'll beat you. I'm sorry if this'll sever any chance to be friends, but I'm going to use you as a stepping stone to prove myself. It's nothing personal.", he said.

"WHAT?!?!", the entire class except for Bakugo shouted. "A declaration of war?!?!"

"Ok, Todoroki, but why me? They're a lot of strong people other than me around here.", Izuku asked Todoroki, confused at the sudden declaration.

"You're the hero of UA, the most famous. I'm not jealous, but if I beat you then I'll be recognised in front of him.", Todoroki answered.

"I'm guessing this is a personal thing that I'm not related to, so I accept your declaration.", Izuku said with a smile. "I'll make sure to do my best to make it fair. You better do your best too."

Todoroki's face suddenly tightened, and he scowled. "Fine. Whatever it takes for me to get recognised.", he said.

The class watched in horror at this entire exchange. The words were passive enough, but the aura that was being emitted from the two of them was frightening. Todoroki seemed genuinely angry, and Izuku's determination had reached a new level.

"God Dammit! Don't leave me out! I said I'll beat all of your asses, didn't I?!?!", Bakugo shouted.

Suddenly, there was an announcement, interrupting the three way standoff.

"HEYYYY everybody!!! The Sports Festival will begin in 5 minutes! All audience are asked to go to your seats, and all participants are to go to the arena now!", Present Mic's voice said in it's Present Micness.

When the class got to the entrance to the arena, they found a massive audience watching them, with cheers and screams coming from the stands.

"And here we have the top of the hero classes, the cream of the crop, the great Class 1-A! They're the ones that survived the villain attack, and are made up of our top future heroes!", Present Mic boomed on the speakers.

"Geez, people will really we're stuck up after that intro, huh.", Sero said as the class walked onto the massive arena amid tons of cheers.

"And the equally good, Class 1-B."

"Yeah, they're really going to hate us now.", Kirishima sighed.

After the other classes arrived, Midnight came to the stage in the middle of the arena.

"Hello everybody, it's Midnight, your ref for the First year Sports Festival!", Midnight said with enthusiasm. "Before we get started, we will have a few words from the schools chosen representative. Please put your hands together for... Izuku Midoriya! Voted as the top of the First years by the media!"