Chapter 36: Counterattack

Third Person P.O.V.

After the villains left, police and ambulances arrived quickly, and they took everyone who had gotten injured to the hospital, while also arresting all of the leftover villains.

Almost all the students suffered only minor injuries, excluding the pro heroes, Momo and Izuku. Izuku had multiple broken bones, mostly in his right arm, and cuts all over his entire body. Momo had gotten a head injury, but it wasn't too serious.

Two days after the training camp disaster, Izuku was still hospitalised, still unconscious, but Momo had been released. She had insisted on staying with him until he woke up, and wouldn't return home.

"Izuku... please come back... we need you. I need you...", Momo whispered as she sat next to his bed and held his uninjured arm.

Suddenly, Izuku woke up and sat up straight, seemingly not even tired.

"W-What the... what happened?", he asked himself, then notice Momo, who was looking at him with surprise. "Momo?"

Momo stood up while crying a little, then slapped Izuku in the face.

"What's wrong with you?", she shouted with her voice wavering. "Again! You risked your life for someone else again! Didn't you promise me... didn't you promise you wouldn't do this kind of stuff again? But here we are now!"

Izuku remained silent, then remembered everything that had happened.

"Momo... I-"

"Whenever I see you like this, my heart tears itself apart! It hurts so much to see you not caring about your own life!", Momo shouted. "I... I love you, Izuku Midoriya! How do you think it feels for the people who care for you to see you like this? I... I don't know if you have the same feelings for me, but you need to know that there are people who love and care for you, and throwing away your own life again and again like that will only hurt them!"

Izuku sat in shock, as Momo suddenly hugged him.

"Izuku... please don't do this again... please don't leave me like this...", Momo said as she cried into Izuku's shoulder. "I... I don't care if you don't love me back, but please... stop throwing your life away for others!"

Izuku suddenly got memories of every single time Momo had interacted with him, from when they had first met to now. He now saw how much Momo cared for him, and how inconsiderate of her feelings he had been the whole time.

"When... since when did you love me?", Izuku asked quietly.

"Ever since the beginning, but I've only realised it recently.", Momo answered without meeting his eyes.

"Momo... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for how I haven't even been considering your feelings all this time...", Izuku said. "But... the reason why I do this, why I don't stop fighting is... because I love you too! I can't bear to see you injured or in danger, so I just feel like I have to risk everything to protect you... I do return these feelings for you, Momo. That's why I don't give up, no matter what. Because I know that when it's all over and done with, you'll be safe. And that's all that matters."

Momo suddenly looked up into Izuku's eyes with shock, and tried to see if he was joking.

"You... you love me? But... there are so many girls out there that are hitting on you, you can pick any of them you want!", Momo said. "So why me?"

Izuku smiled. "Because. You're caring, humorous, and the best person I've ever met. But most importantly, you're Momo Yaoyorozu, and that's all I'll ever need."

Izuku hugged Momo with his one good arm, and lightly kissed her on the cheek.

"I'm sorry."

Then Izuku promptly fell asleep from exhaustion, Momo's head resting on his chest.
.
.
.
The next day, he was released from the hospital, and was taken to the police station for questioning right away along with Momo. The rest of the class had already told the police what had happened, but the police wanted a full account of what happened.