Chapter 26: Sports Festival Pt 3

Third Person P.O.V.

The crowd was roaring. The air had tension, with a little chill in there too. Everything was focused on the match of the year, the match everyone had been looking forward to more than any others. Endeavors son vs the Prodigy? It was set to be the most electrifying match ever, and the lack of movement didn't help things.

Izuku was standing his ground as Todoroki waited for him to make the first move, making the crowd scream in anticipation and the tension to thicken even more.

Suddenly, Todoroki made a massive glacier, trying to immobilise Izuku. Izuku teleported away, and reappeared on the glacier, then charged at Todoroki. Todoroki continued making giant glaciers, but Izuku easily dodged all of them, and got in close to land a punch on Todoroki's stomach. But he didn't get away with the move unscathed, and got ice covering his right arm as a result.

"Todoroki... come at me with your full strength!", Izuku shouted with enthusiasm, and ran at Todoroki again, only to be met with an even faster barrage of icebergs and glaciers.

He managed to dodge almost all of them, but the very last one came in the shadow of the one before it, so Izuku couldn't dodge. Instead, he used a One For All 35% smash on the ice, shattering it and pushing the entire crowd back a little from the wind pressure that ensued.

He got in close to Todoroki, and aimed a punch for the same place as before.

Todoroki read this move, and moved to block the punch, only to find that Izuku was no longer there. Suddenly, there was a voice from behind him.

"Todoroki... you're shivering.", Izuku said, then landed a One for All 10% punch on Todoroki's side.

"Your left side is supposed to counteract the frostbite that you get from your ice, right? But because you decide not to use it, you're at a severe disadvantage.", Izuku continued, and began a barrage of complicated punches and kicks, using the martial arts he had learnt and One for All at varying percentages to combine into a much more powerful fight style. Todoroki, who had been training martial arts his entire life, barely managed to keep up, and received a lot of bruises, but no serious injuries. The crowd oohed and ahed at the show if fighting, and the pro heroes especially were impressed by this show of fighting prowess.

Izuku teleported away, and caught his breath. At the same time, Todoroki doubled over, trying to catch his breath while coping with the frostbite.

"Why don't you use your fire?", Izuku asked. "I said your full power, not half of of it.

Todoroki scowled. "You already know, why are you asking me again?", he said through puffs of breath.

Izuku stood up straight and looked Todoroki in the eyes with fiery determination.

"I talked to your asshole of a dad. I'm sorry if it's not my business, but you shouldn't hold back your power because of him. Remember what I said? It's your life, your blood, your quirk. Do what you want to do with it, not what he wants.", Izuku said with conviction.

Todoroki eyes widened as he realized what Izuku was trying to do.

"Did my dad hire you or something? I'll get to the top with my own power, no one else's!", he shouted, and charged at Izuku while making glaciers that distracted him.

Izuku dodged all of the glaciers, breaking some others, but when he turned, Todoroki was right in front of him, and he delivered a punch, then covered Izuku's body with ice.

Izuku almost fell backwards, but broke the ice with his free arm, falling to one knee in the process.

"That fire is your power!", he shouted, leaving Todoroki speechless.

"It's your power, God Dammit! Not his! You are your own person!", Izuku shouted.

Todoroki suddenly had flashbacks of his mother saying the same things, and tears came to his eyes.

"Izuku... Why are you doing this? Why are you risking the match for me?", Todoroki asked with confusion.

Izuku stood up, and looked him in the eyes. "You're my friend. You're our friend. Remember I said I'd rather make better relations than win the match? I wasn't lying. You're hurting, Todoroki. I'm going to fix that, no matter how hard you try to ignore me!", he shouted.

Suddenly, flames erupted on Todoroki's left side, and he smiled with the hints of tears still in his eyes. The ice that was covering his right side quickly melted, leaving him as good as new.

"Took you long enough.", Izuku said, grinning. He got into a fighting stance, and waited for the first move.

"Izuku... thank you.", Todoroki whispered, then charged at Izuku, who charged he him likewise.

Meanwhile, in the stands, Endeavor was sitting speechless.

'That green haired kid... he convinced Shoto to change?', he thought to himself. 'I've teen trying to get this for the past 11 years, but he did it in one day... but why don't I feel satisfaction? Why do I only feel... regret?'

At the same time, the audience had realized that Izuku was trying to help his classmate get past his past trauma, and were thoroughly impressed at this point. They weren't just impressed, they were inspired. Even the pros.

Todoroki made a massive iceberg even larger than the ones before, and followed up with a fire attack. Izuku teleported above the glacier, and fell right into the attack. He used a One For All smash to blow the flames away, but still got some burns.

'Tch. I can't teleport near him without getting burned.', Izuku thought to himself.

Izuku fell to the glacier, then stood up with a grin.

"Let's end this in one move, Todoroki!", he shouted, then charged One for All to full power in his arm. At the same time, Todoroki raised his left hand towards Izuku, and blasted him with the most fire he could manage without passing out.

"DETROIT SMASH!", Izuku shouted at the top of his lungs, and punched the air near Todoroki with all of his strength, creating wind pressure that rivaled All Might's.

From Todoroki, fire, and from Izuku, wind.

"This is bad! Cementoss!", Midnight shouted, and tried to activate her quirk, but the wind pressure pushed it away. Cementoss managed to make 5 walls of cement to block the 2 supermoves, but it didn't do anything. The attacks shattered the cement, and met in the middle.

The crowd all had to hold onto something so they wouldn't get blown away, and some Pro Heroes even had to rescue some people that weren't lucky enough to grab something in time.

After the steam and wind pressure cleared up, the crowd looked into the arena with even more focus than before. It was completely broken, with debris everywhere, and there was one boy in the middle with his hand raised, reminiscent of All Might. The other boy was in a crater against the wall, unconscious.

"A-And the winner is..."