Chapter 59: Demon Inside

Third Person P.O.V.

Izuku Midoriya wasn't weak. Not in the slightest. There were very few people out there in the world who had the ability to best him in a fight, and he knew it. He wasn't arrogant in the least, but he was definitely confident in his abilities. As a result of this, he rarely ever felt fear when it came to his life, and only really felt fear when his loved ones were in danger.

But at that moment right there, there was no other explanation for the pounding of his heart and the sweat forming on his forehead. There was no other explanation for the barely visible tears that formed in his dark green eyes. For the trembling that plagued his body.

Izuku was afraid. Terrified. Petrified. Try as he might, he couldn't bring himself to speak. It took all of his willpower to remind himself to manually breath.

For before him stood a nightmare. A monstrosity. A being of boundless, limitless power. The only word Izuku could think of to properly describe him was 'demon'.

He wasn't afraid of the appearance of the mysterious entity. It was completely black with glowing yellow eyes. At least 3 metres tall, with body proportions to match. Instead of a mouth, it had a pitch black gap where its mouth should've been. He emitted an ominous dark purple aura that flickered like a flame.

No, he was more afraid of the piercing feeling it gave him. As if it knew all of his secrets. he knew immediately that this... thing knew more about him than anyone did, including himself. He felt so exposed, so vulnerable. So painfully weak.

'Soooo... you gonna speak up soon or what?', the demon asked nonchalantly. 'C'mon, I've been waiting for like 2 or so years for this moment, you're ruining it!'

Izuku tried to speak, but his mouth was so dry no words would come out. 

"Aguahuhubu"

'... wut.'

The demon sighed and put its hands up in an attempt to look non threatening.

'You don't have to be afraid of me, man. I couldn't hurt you even if I tried!'

Izuku licked his dry lips and mustered the strength to speak.

"Uhhhh... w-who are y-you?", he asked with a shaky voice. 

'Ahhh, so that's what it was. Ok, do you want the short or long version?'

After a brief pause, Izuku answered.

"I g-guess... the l-long version..."

'Good, cause there was no short version anyways.'

"..."

'I'll get straight to the point. I am a manifestation of your quirks that was formed because your quirk was much too powerful for your body to wield. I am basically the limiter on your power that was made to protect you.'

"Who created you?"

'You did. Y'see, I was originally just a limit that was placed on your eye quirk by your own subconsciousness. This was in order to cut you off from the full almighty power of the original quirk that you were born with, Blessing of God. I was created to limit your quirk to only affect your eyes, as the full quirk would have blown up your body with the force of 1000 nukes by the time you turned 12.'

"That's gotta be an exaggeration!!! 1000 nukes?!? Thats not possible!!!"

'That was no exaggeration. It would have resulted in the end of the world, so the limit was placed by your own body. This limit (me) took the form of your Space quirk, which was able to suppress Blessing of God for some period of time.'