Chapter 30: Hero Killer Stain

Third Person P.O.V.

"Izuku! We need a plan before we just run into a potential fight recklessly!", Momo shouted.

"I know... but every second that passes could be the deciding factor of what happens to Iida!", Izuku answered with his voice taut with distress. "What if I could have saved him if we were just a little faster? I... I won't be able to live with myself."

"Idiot! What's the point if everyone dies? We need to be calm here!", Momo shouted as she stopped running and looked Izuku in the eyes.

Izuku seemed to have a battle with himself in his mind, but finally came with a resolution. "Y-You're right... I was being irrational... sorry.", he said as he stared at his feet.

"Don't worry about it.", Momo answered. "For now, we need to see if Iida's really in danger, and make a plan from there."

Izuku nodded, and looked up at the top of the warehouse they were running to. It was still pretty far away, but he decided he had to make the portal and hope nobody would notice them there.

He made a portal, and gestured for Momo to go through. "Ladies first."

When they both passed through, they found a completely empty and clear rooftop that had a brilliant view of the stars. But they weren't there to admire the night sky, they were looking for something completely different.

They both looked over the rooftop to look into one of the alleyways, and what they saw made their blood curdle.

Izuku P.O.V.

What we saw horrified me more then I thought possible. Iida was there alright, and so was the Hero Killer. There was a third person, who I recognised as the pro hero Native. He was severely injured, and was propped against a wall with blood streaming from multiple injuries across his body. Iida was on the ground with a knife in his arm sticking him to the ground, while Stain was approaching Iida with a sword in hand while he was saying something.

"W-What do we do?", Momo asked me. I could sense the fear in her voice, but also the determination to save our friend.

"I... I don't know for sure.", I answered with my voice wavering. "This is one of the worst situations possible for us. We aren't allowed to engage in combat with Stain, but we can't just leave Iida like that to die."

"I guess... it's a question of morality, right?", Momo said with her voice suddenly confident. "Do we respect the orders of teachers, or do we save the lives?"

I paused, and looked at her with a newfound clarity in my mind. I knew what I had to do. "I'm sorry Momo... I can't help it. I'm going to go save Iida. I don't care what Kamui Woods and Mt Lady will do to me. But I can't ask you to risk yourself too. I'll understand if you want to leave. I won't hold it against you.", I said while trying to sound as confident as possible. In reality, I was shaking in my shoes, and I was completely, utterly terrified. Something about Stain made me so... afraid.

"Idiot! Do you think you're the only hero around here? I'm not leaving either!", Momo answered with a smile on her face.

"Perfect... then I think we should focus on getting Iida and that pro hero away from Stain. Any ideas?", I asked. I knew she was an amazing tactician, and my emotions might cloud my judgement.

"Hmmm... for now, just keep him busy. I think I have a plan from there.", she answered.

I nodded my head, and prepared to jump into the battle.

Third Person P.O.V.

"So, you came to me for revenge? Is that would a true hero would do?", Stain asked menacingly as he slowly walked towards Iida with his sword scraping the ground as he went. "I guess I'll go for two people today."