Chapter 45: Save Me

Izuku P.O.V

Destruction. Screams. Carnage. It's starting to feel like I'm seeing this everyday... Oh wait! I am! I guess that's the life a hero.

"Ok, let's analyse this situation real quick.", I said out loud, and everybody gathered around me. I activated my eye quirk and scanned the area in a second, completely analysing everything that was happening. "Here's the basic rundown. There's a Nomu wreaking havoc in the downtown area, and look like nobody's ordering him. Lots of injured, fatalities are still low though. We have a couple of heroes trying to combat the Nomu but they're having alot of trouble with that."

I took a deep breath, and ran multiple scenarios through my head. Do we take on the Nomu? Do we prioritize the people? No matter what we do, this is a disaster. No significant backup and a powerful villain in a highly populated area.

"Ok, I think I got it. We split into two teams. One to take on the Nomu, then another to get citizens out of any immediate danger.", I said after some thought. "Kirishima and Todoroki, you two will take on the Nomu with me, and the rest of you focus on rescuing civilians."

Everybody nodded, then we sprang into action. Todoroki made an ice path straight for the Nomu, and the three of us went on our way while the rest went for the civilians.

Meanwhile, in the police headquarters...

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!", Bakugo screamed. "THEY WENT TO FIGHT WITHOUT ME? WHAT THE HELL?!?!"

Urarake slapped him on the head, then got into the police car. "There's nothing we can do about it! For now, shut up and get in! The police will drive us there!"

Bakugo complied, grumbling.

Back to Izuku and the rest...

What the hell? What is this Nomu? Why's it so powerful?!?! I'm not sure if it's the fatigue getting to me, but this Nomu is kicking my ass! Todoroki is trying his best to distract the Nomu right now, and Kirishima got knocked into some random building. He hasn't emerged since. I looked down at my chest and cursed.

My hero costume was gone from the waist up, and I had numerous deep cuts, with a piece of metal pierced through my side. Strangely enough, I don't feel it, although I am having trouble breathing. And moving. And thinking. So basically, I'm feeling spiffy.

I can't move. I'm lying on a piece of rubble, and I'm feeling fine. Just can't move. This is actually kind of fun. I watch as Todoroki gets knocked into a building by the Nomu, and I half giggled to myself. Yup, I'm a complete disaster.

Suddenly the Nomu appeared in front of me, and it seemed to laugh.

"Ssssoooo you are the hero I wassss told about...", it grinned. "You weren't that big of a deal... I'll just kill you now, like I wasssss ordered..."

I was starting to panick, but I couldn't even breathe anymore, let alone move. RUN I told myself, but I couldn't do it. I had been taking on the workload of 50 pro heroes, and at this point I had absolutely broken down. And maybe even more than that, I didn't fully want to run. I just wanted to accept my fate, then something hit me. If I die, Todoroki and Kirishima would most likely be next, then who knows what would happen to the civilians. Immediately, adrenaline coursed through me, and my brain went into overdrive.

The Nomu wants to kill me... if I manage to distract it long enough, then help will... no. There is no help. If I manage to distract it long enough, then maybe some more people could get away...