Chapter 45

!!!!!!! FINAL CHAPTER !!!!!!!!

Chapter 44 was supposed to be the last one but it was wayyyy too long so I split them into 2, but posted them together. This is the final chapter! <3

Daniel POV

A small slip of paper fell out and I picked it up, looking at it confused.

225 King Street.
San Francisco, CA
94107

I looked at Ethan and frowned, looking back down at the slip of paper.

"What... What is this?"

Ethan was quiet while he took the envelope from my hands and pulled out a folded piece of paper, before handing it to me.

"That should help," he said, his hand still on my back. I slowly opened it and scanned the page.

Ethan Miller
Jul.22.2020
OKC 8:45am —>SFO 1:52pm

Daniel Layman
Jul.22.2020
OKC 8:45am —>SFO 1:52pm

I stared down at the paper, blinking a few times with my mouth open. I didn't want to look at anyone yet. I frowned back up at Ethan.

"Is this, a trip? Did you get us a vacation to San Francisco?" I asked quietly, feeling my face pale. Ethan had been biting his lip and opened his mouth to answer but Fox intervened.

"Is there a return date?" He didn't ask rudely, but as if he was curious as well. I glanced at him before looking back down at the page, flipping and looking it over again.

"No..." I lifted the small piece of paper with the address and read it again. "Is this...?" Ethan just looked back at me, trying to read my reaction. He was biting his lip again, and seemed nervous.

"It's your new home address!" Max squealed out like a teenage girl.

I looked back down at the paper and plane ticket confirmation page. I stared at the pages until my vision blurred. I felt my heart pounding harder in my chest and my breathing started to get restricted.

"Just... Just a minute guys," I said breathlessly, and quickly stood up, stumbling to the bathroom. I momentarily forgot about my trouble walking. I made it to the bathroom, hearing Ethan right behind me and quickly shut the door, sliding down with my back against it to the ground.

My breathing was getting rapid and my heart felt like it'd burst out of my chest. I was having a panic attack... again. I heard a light knock on the door and Ethan's voice was on the other side of it, gently asking to come in.

I nodded, waiting for him to enter before realizing he couldn't see me. I couldn't string together a sentence so I moved out of the way, waiting for him. Moments later he slid in closing the door behind him, and saw me sitting on the ground.

He dropped to his knees, a frown etched across his face in concern.

"Daniel, what's wrong?" He put a hand on my shoulder and his other one on my cheek. I just shook my head, trying to get more oxygen. The harder I tried the less I got, and I was beginning to feel lightheaded as I gasped for air. My hands were clenched into fists and my nails started to dig into my palms.

Ethans other hand made its way to my other cheek and he gently cupped my face in his hands,

"You're okay, Daniel. Breathe with me, you're okay I promise." I made eye contact with him, trying to follow his breathing pattern. My breath caught a few times but I could feel my heart start to go back to normal while I stared into his bright green eyes.