Chapter 10

Ethan POV

I heard the faint sound of a door slamming shut through my phone receiver. My fingers were white from holding onto my phone so tightly and the only thing that was going through my mind was his name.

"Ethan." I slowly looked up to see Fox's confused face frowning at me.

"What's wrong?"

"... Daniel. They took him..." I said numbly. I was sure Fox could hear my heart beating.

What if they kill him? I told him he'd be safe... What if I never see his face again or hear his voice?

"Ethan!"

"What?!" I yelled angrily. He didn't understand the situation.

"If Daniel's still alive remember we have Chris and Matt over there right?"

If he's still alive.

"Yeah... Can you call them?"

Fox nodded and quickly got out his phone. Chris and Matt were undercover for our gang at Dominic's.

"Fox, ask them why they didn't warn us about this bullshit attack."

Daniel POV

"Shut the fuck up I know what I'm doing."

"Are you sure we shouldn't leave him at headquarters?"

"I told you, Dominic told me exactly how to do this."

I slowly woke up, recognizing the voices that had broken into the apartment. I opened my eyes, and saw that I was in the backseat of a car. I wasn't panicking yet because if I opened the door, they wouldn't be able to catch me in time before I jumped out of the car.

We aren't going that fast...

I slowly raised my arm to the door handle and clicked the knob so it was unlocked. As soon as it clicked, the guy in the passenger seat spun around and grabbed my shirt. I froze.

"Hey give me the needle!"

What- a needle?! My heart was pounding and I started pushing him away but before I knew it there was a sharp pain in my neck and I didn't move so it wouldn't hurt anymore. He let my shirt go and sat back on the seat next to me. I tried lifting myself off the seat but it became extremely hard to lift my finger. If I could, I probably would've had a panic attack, but even my breathing seemed to be controlled by this drug. The only thing I could do was move my eyes.

"You didn't give him too much did you?" The bald guy asked.

"No, don't worry, I measured it earlier."

"Okay but that's Anectine, you better be right."

"Obviously I know what it is, just shut up." He said angrily.

I kept trying to move my fingers, but I couldn't even do that. I tried to talk but all that was heard was a groan. I couldn't even get my mouth to move. I was trapped. I was panicking but my body didn't show it.

The car slowly turned into an empty parking garage and stopped shortly after that. Both of the men got out and I was left in the car alone for about a minute, before my door suddenly opened and someone grabbed me and threw me over their shoulders. I was pretty light, but it was weird how easy it was for him to do that. I groaned loudly, but he ignored me and opened a door to what looked like a basement below the parking garage. He opened another door and put me on the floor, then got up and locked the door behind him.

I lay there for about ten minutes trying to move my fingers, and finally, they twitched. Soon I could move my hands too.

Unfortunately, the door banged open, and in came the bald guy, who then roughly taped my hands together with duct tape. I lost hope in regaining my ability to move. I was left alone again, and my panicked thoughts drifted to Ethan.