16- Lando Norris

First of all I just want to apologise for the delay in posting. I've been having a tough time with uni work finishing my masters degree and applying for my PhD, and had a hard time at home. Hopefully I'll be posting more regularly now. Thanks for the support and love angels 🤍

This was requested by Mrsgreentea27 Hope you enjoy 🧡

You and Lando had been friends since you were little. From such a young age, you had been inseparable. Your families had been close so you just grew up side by side. That was until you were 15 and you had to move to Germany. You remember it like it was yesterday. Your dad had come home to tell you he had been promoted and was being relocated. You were devastated. Of course happy for your dad but dad you had to leave everything and everyone you knew behind. Telling Lando was hard. The look in his eyes when you told him, the slight smile on his face when he said he'd always remember you and that he'd try and visit. Of course he never did. Not out of choice but simply because he didn't have the time, between races and what not. It broke your heart that the one person you cared about more than anything was half way across the world, and the worst part he never got to know how you truly felt. That he wasn't just your friend but that you had feelings for him.

It was now 5 years later and you were moving back to the UK. Your dad's job had allowed him to return home and you were happy to be coming  back to the place you loved. You thought about Lando, about reaching out and asking to meet up. Of course you'd kept in contact when you moved, with the occasional DM on insta, the comments on his photos when he did well at a race. You watched him progress through the ranks, from F2 to now F1 with McLaren. You bit the bullet and messaged him and to your surprise he replied saying he would pick you up the day after you landed and he couldn't wait to see you. Your heart fluttered at the message, perhaps reading too much into it and hoping it meant something more than it did.

The days rolled around and it was finally the day you were going to see Lando again after all this time. He pulled up outside your home in his orange McLaren, watching you as you strolled over to the passenger side and got in. He leaned over to hug you "omg Y/N it's been such a long time. I've missed you, how have you been?" "I've been great, Germany was amazing but I'm glad to be home. I'm so proud of you Lando, your dreams really did come true" you said chuckling slightly and pushing his shoulder. He smiled looking over at you as he drove, one hand on the steering wheel, one hand on your thigh.

He finally pulled up at his home, opening the door for you to get out. You thanked him and followed him into his house. You made your way to his room, which hadn't changed at all, apart from the few helmet editions scattered around. You sat on the edge of his bed and watched him as he pulled his hoodie off, his shirt riding up ever so slightly. "Do you always stare like that?" He asked smirking as he caught you looking a little too long at his muscled torso. "I ehm" you stuttered looking down blushing slightly.

He came over to you, sitting next to you on the bed, as you both sat there peacefully, enjoying each other's company. "Y/N?" He whispered, "yeah?" "I just wanted to say- erm- nah it doesn't matter forget it". "Come on Lando, it's me you can tell me anything" you said turning to face him. "It's just that "I love you, and I've loved you for a long time. But I didn't tell you before and I'm not doing this with you. Not again. I'm not letting you go". He looked into your eyes, searching for any clues as to what you were thinking. "I, I don't know what to say" "if you don't feel the same that's fine it's just I had to tell you". You cut off his rambling by placing your lips on his. After a few seconds he pulled back, a confused look plastered on his face. "You love me too?" He asked. "Always have always will" you replied smiling. He lifted your chin and placed a loving kiss on your lips. "Be mine?" "Always". He pulled you into his embrace, both of you drifting off into a peaceful sleep, knowing you were where you belonged. Back with your best friend, lover and soul mate.

Don't forget to vote and request anything. Much love x