44- Callum Ilott

Prompt 12 (angst) requested by jade2506  hope you like it ❤️

Arriving home after a long day at work and all you craved was some alone time with your boyfriend Callum, snuggling on the sofa watching a series or film on Netflix. You kicked off your shoes and dropped your bag by the door and headed upstairs. You heard screaming and laughing coming from the spare room, so you assumed Callum was playing on his simulator. You smiled to yourself at his voice, sensing he was enjoying himself with his friends and fans.

As you for closer to the door you decided to listen to their conversation just out of curiosity. That's when you heard the words that made your world come crashing down. "Nah mate I'm not gonna tell her. I love her. This will break us". You couldn't hear what the other guys were saying but soon enough Callum spoke again and pieced it all together. "Just because she was my second choice then doesn't mean she is now. Yeah I wanted her friend but that doesn't matter now" Callum said half laughing. That's when you opened the door, causing Callum to turn around sharply to face you, with a look of dread written across his features. "Babe I- erm- I can explain" he stuttered. "Don't bother" you said turning on your heels towards your bedroom, locking the door after you entered.

Callum began knocking on the door begging you to open up. You tried to ignore it by burying your head in the pillows, but soon the persistent banging became too much for your head to take. You swung the door open to find a distraught Callum on the other side. "Please let me explain" he said with tears spilling from his eyes. "There was never an us was there?" You whispered looking down, afraid the sight of him stood there would bring you to even more tears. "Yes of course there's an us. There's always been enough. I'm not going to lie and say it was love at first sight because it wasn't. And yes that night in the club I tried to kiss your friend. But do you realise how glad I am that I kissed you instead? How lucky I am that I've got you as a girlfriend?" He said, lifting your chin so you faced him. "I love you. You're not a second choice. You're always my number one" he said smiling slightly. You smiled back before nuzzling your head in his chest as he kissed your head softly. "I love you too" you whispered.