37- Daniel Ricciardo

Prompt 7 (love) requested by Evie_Broad  hope you like it ❤️

Today was the day you'd be accompanying your boyfriend Dan to a race as his girlfriend. You'd been to races before but not as anyone's partner. You spent most of your time sitting on the pit wall with your dad, Christian Horner. Oh yeah did I forget to mention you're dating the ex red bull driver who left your Dad's team for the enemy?

Your dad still didn't know about your relationship with Daniel, the two of you wanting to keep it under wraps for a little while before going public. But today, at the Australian Grand Prix, you wanted to support your boyfriend, especially with it being his home race. You decided to meet Dan at the track, having to arrive with your dad to avoid suspicion. You had your black hoodie disguising your Mclaren shirt underneath, one which you had stolen from Dan's wardrobe without him noticing.

You arrived at the track and spent most of the morning staying with the Red Bull team however when it was about half an hour before the race start, you decided to make a move towards the other end of the pit lane. "Where do you think you're going?" Shouted your dad, Christian, as you halted and turned to face him. "I was going to watch the race from the Mclaren garage this weekend" you said fiddling with your fingers and avoiding eye contact. "Why would you do that?" "Because my boyfriend races for them" you whispered. "Lando? He's a bit young for you isn't he? I suppose he's alright though I mean- "no dad not Lando" "please don't tell me you're dating my old driver?" You didn't respond, instead you just rolled your eyes and huffed. "What does it matter dad? I love him and he loves me and this is why we didn't tell you". Christian didn't respond, so you turned away and headed towards the Mclaren garage, assuming he disapproved of your relationship.

You spent the entirety of the race in the garage, waiting for Dan to return. He had finished a solid P3 meaning he'd be on the podium with Lewis and Max, but more importantly meaning he'd have to pass your dad in parc ferme to get to the podium. You rushed out to parc ferme, staying as far away from your dad as possible, when Dan came rushing over to you and engulfed you in a hug, as you whispered praise into his ear.

As he pulled away he looked down at your shirt before smirking "is that my shirt?" "Yeah gotta support you haven't I?" Dan suddenly looked terrified. "Does that mean your dad knows" "yes it does Daniel, and it's fine" Christian said appearing from behind you. "I know you're a good lad and you'll take care of her. Just know if you hurt her, I'll cut the brakes on your car". "Yes, Christian of course" replied Dan with a scared look in his face. You just giggled and pulled Dan in for a kiss before he went up to collect his trophy, which he dedicated to you.