CHAPTER 83 - Unlock

Sunday 23.12.25

"You just cheated." I announced watching the small smirk play up on his flawless face.

"I never cheat." He casually stated and I gasped, "you literally just cheated! I saw you put two cards at one!" I declared reaching forward to prove my point but my wrist was instantly caught by his hand, stopping me in my motion.

"No I never." He remarked, his features composed in a smug expression, only causing my mouth to hang agape.

The guy insisted on playing uno and though he said he will play fairly, his actions are now entirely contradicting his previous words.

It was always a habit of Gray's. Though he knew he would win regardless, he used to always cheat just to wind me up.

And I can tell for sure that it's working.

Our legs were crossed as we sat on his bed, bickering and teasing each other almost as if the past 6 years were a blur.

As if we had gone back in time as we hung out as just Gray and Ari.

It was all part of Gray's plan who managed to convinced me to coming to his house at this late in the night, but after spending that small moment with him at the park, I couldn't say no.

I don't know how long this moment will last, but I want to cherish it while it last in the palm of my hands.

Neither of us were sleepy, containing too much energy for people our age. I had gotten rid of my dress, wearing one on his sweatpants and top which were both too large for me, after having wiped my makeup.

It's been so long since it been like this.

So long.

The easy laughters that seem to escape my mouth when I'm with him. Only with him.

"You're actually a fucking cheat." I narrowed my eyes at him and he let out a breath of laughter. Even at the age of 24 we were both practically children. Before I even got to react, he grabbed the deck of cards with his other hand throwing it all on top of me.

I gasped, pushing his arm away, thankful that Mark wasn't home or he most definitely would have been woken up by now.

"Gray!" I blared, flicking the cards away from myself.

He casually laughed at me, watching me as I struggled to put them in one pile. I simply rolled my eyes, a smile travelling its way on my lips as I neatly ordered, ignoring his laughs.

But my efforts only lasted a second because next thing I know, he grabbed the exact same pile, showering it all over me.

"Gray!" I growled and before I could control myself, I pushed forward, tackling him.

We both went tumbling down on the bed as I hit his chest, "I will get Roni to burn you!" I shouted carelessly, watching him chuckle from under. "You're such a fucking prick." I hit his chest, letting out small laughs of my own.

His hands suddenly caught my wrist, preventing me from hitting him and when my eyes connected with his, my laughter subsided.

I was laying on top of him, our faces so close I could see every specs of green in his eyes. They were beautiful.

Neither of spoke anything, simply staring into each other and I felt goosebumps rise over my body as my heart violently battered against my chest. My consciousness slowly faded away as I became captivated by his intense gaze.

All of a sudden he pushed me to the side, quickly swapping our position in a flash.

My breaths was shallow and rapid as I was trapped under both his body and those enticing forest green eyes that dived into my soul.