CHAPTER 30 - Care

A FEW MONTHS LATER

Thursday 19.06.19

"SUMMER!" We all screamed as we ran outside the building, pure joy rippling through our veins. The warm breeze hit my face and I felt completely accomplished. For months, preparing and revising for these exams and we finally find our way to the end flag.

We hadn't even gone out for months as a group, taking on Toby's word who had insisted that we take these exams seriously. Of course, I had been constantly going over to Gray's house, but even then, I wouldn't stay for too long, coming home early to revise all night. I must admit it was hard, but life is hard.

We all ran our way to Gray's car, screaming and cheering with excitement and I honestly couldn't find a moment in life I have been this happy. My body felt so free, finally absent with the piles of stress that had been weighing down on me for way too long.

Suddenly I felt a pair of strong arms lift me in the air. My squeals erupted in the entrance of the school as I placed my hands on Mase's large shoulders, shouting at him to put me down whilst also trying to contain my laughter.

I suddenly noticed Roni running towards me behind Mase's back and my eyes widened in fear. I was practically frozen, unable to warn Mase as she leaped onto his back, her legs wrapping around his, causing us to all scream.

Mase yelled for help, moving forward with me clawing onto his shoulders tightly as I felt his balance become weak. "Mase!" I shrieked, waiting to feel the impact but when I felt myself rock back due to Mase's impeccable counteract, relief washed over me.

"Roni! You fucking-" before Mase could continue he suddenly yelped, pushing forward and causing us to all scream.

I was caught completely off guard, not prepared for the collision but once I was harshly pushed into Toby's back, my grip on Mase loosened and we found each of us tumbling to the ground.

"Urgh!" We all groaned, attempting to push each other off. My whimper was probably the loudest of all and it was no surprise since I was the one right under Mase and Roni's heavy bodies.

Mase finally pulled himself off me, allowing me to breathe but instead of scolding him, my eyes searched for the culprit. He was laughing mercilessly, his eyes wrinkling adorably that I couldn't stifle my own giggles anymore, joining in with him.

"Ahh To-To, you bit my lips." El complained and I watched Roni gag in response, perfectly resembling how I felt at that moment too. Mase reached forward, extending his hand out for me to pull before bringing me to my feet.

Without wasting a second, I shoved Gray's arm playfully and Mase didn't take too long to join in with me before he blew a punch in Gray's way, causing him to growl in pain. "I'm only letting you go cos you let me fall on top of them." Roni exclaimed and I gasped her way to which she simply giggled in reply.

"Aww baby I'm sorry, Gray fuck you." Toby shook his head but the small smile tugging on his lips gave away his amusement. "You're paying for the gelato as a punishment Gray!" El yelled, running over to Mase's car.

"Gelato?" I questioned glancing over at Gray who seemed to mask the same confused expression as me. Realisation must have reached him as he sighed, "Mason fucking Wood of course." He growled and I rolled my eyes, giggling to myself.

"Well, I guess enjoy paying for us." I chimed as he let out a light chuckle. Though we all knew that frankly speaking, Gray never bothered with paying for any of us.

He was mostly always paying for us anyway and so regarding that, making him do it this time, wasn't exactly a punishment.

"Man's been craving that shit." Mase announced, only confirming that this must have been his idea. I simply scoffed in reply, getting used to this typical phrase of his. "Tell me a time you haven't been craving for something." Toby voiced and the rest of us giggled as Mase smacked his head.