CHAPTER 66 - Missing

Monday 21.06.23

"Eeeeee!" I squealed as we entered Obi's house, reaching up to hug Toby before embracing El.

We were all practically bursting with excitement, our neurones firing energetically as the day we had been waiting for with alacrity, had finally arrived.

We had spent that last two nights doing last minute planning for the wedding to make sure we didn't miss anything out.

Toby had been a complete stress ball about it, making sure that we went through his large to do list three times before actually letting us gain some sleep.

"Where's your suitcase sweetheart?" Obi questioned, pulling me into a warm hug. "In the car." I pointed to the back. "Where's Don?" I asked, looking around for the tall man who was often too quiet to spot.

"Ahh he had an early shift today so he wanted me to wish you all a safe journey." She spoke and I nodded, smiling brightly.

"Mase and Roni are going to take their time aren't they." I stated, letting out a sigh as Obi giggled, knowing the two very well. "Let me go make myself a coffee." She voiced before walking away into the kitchen as I leaned against the walls of the hallway on the opposite side to El and Toby.

There was no point in settling down in the living room when we were about to leave soon anyway.

"I'm like lowkey nervous if anything goes wrong." El let out a deep breath and I giggled at her, offering a reassuring smile. It was always Toby to be pacing with stress and tension, so now to hear this from El, made me realise exactly how big this is for them both.

Toby placed his arm around her shoulders, gently pulling her towards him to place a sweet kiss on the top of her head and I noticed my best friend physically relax under her fiancé's hold.

"Don't worry, Mase and Roni will be here so nothing will go wrong." I sang and both their expression was filled with mortification as they brought their eyes to me.

"They will be my first suspect if anything goes wrong!" Toby exclaimed and we all bursted out laughing, unable to disagree with him.

"Have you got all the tickets ready?" I questioned eyeing them both up and El rolled her eyes. "The guy has checked my bag for the nth time now to see if I still have it." She complained, but we all knew she wasn't truly annoyed from the way her lips tugged with a smile and I let out a light laugh.

Her emerald eyes were glinting with joy and as a best friend, it made me both happy and proud to see them like this. El and Toby have been together for so long and no matter what obstacles came in their way, they always knew how to climb over it.

Their faith and trust for one another not once faltered and each year, I have only watched their bond become tighter and tighter.

When summer had arrived much quicker than we expected, our elation heightened even further. They were the first in our crew to get married and each one of us were jumping with exhilaration.

El was eager to celebrate her wedding grand, but her main wish was to spend this important part of her life with us so that she could cherish it forever.

Both her and Toby had planned out an entire wedding programme and it wasn't until two weeks ago when they finally announced their idea, after keeping it a suspense from us for so long.

Though the wedding will only take place on one entire day, the two had decide to create a whole two week plan in Majorca.

The first week will involve the five of us simply hanging out and doing various activities at the place to gain the feeling of being on a holiday.