CHAPTER 71 - Torture

Thursday 03.05.23

I squinted my eyes trying to adjust them due to the bright sunlight that hit the hotel window.

I twisted in my position before stretching my legs across the bed and when the expected groan that is usually audible ever since I've been here didn't reach my ears, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

The strange silence at once washed away me sleepiness as I shot my eyes up, instantly bolting up.

The pounding of my headache immediately made me groan but when my eyes caught the sight of my body, I froze on the spot.

Memories of last night flashed in my mind and my pulse raised higher as the familiar tightening of my heart quickly washed me with regret.

His dangerous hands, hot kisses and intense eyes.

They all haunted my head as I reached my hands up, clamping my mouth in surprise.

I was laying in nothing but a large white top and I immediately pulled the hem of the neck to sniff it, the distinct rosewood scent only confirming my doubts.

My breath became rapid and at once I rushed out of the bed, scampering my way into the restroom.

"Fuck, fuck!" I panted holding onto the edge of the sink as I felt my heart on the edge of bursting out.

My eyes glanced up and when my hideous reflection found my sight, I grimaced. Melted makeup and messy hair. I looked like a beast.

Fuck! Why? Why did I let myself do it again? Why do I keep getting trapped under him even after trying so hard to stay away?

I turned the tap on, splashing the cold water against my face, as my heart pounded vigorously, praying that whatever had happened yesterday was just a dream.

But the reality was really far from just a simple imagination as I recalled his hot lips on my body.

Everything.

I remembered every single part of it and the more I thought, the more it hurt my soul.

I was a true disgrace, to myself and everyone who had supported me throughout this. This was going past all the things I had told myself to be careful with and now I was standing here with pure regret, wishing it had never happened no matter how good it felt.

I took a deep breath, stepping out of the restroom in a haste, wishing nothing more than to put some decent clothes on without meeting his eyes.

But my hope instantly shattered when I halted in my steps, my senses consuming with those intriguing emerald orbs, causing my breath to hitch.

His were so deep yet so emotionless.

My heart tugged painfully at the sight of him and any prayers of last night just being an illusion crumbled before me causing me to twist.

I couldn't deny that it was amazing and I must admit that he made feel special during every second of it. However, whilst I was making love, cherishing every moment of it as it took place, it wasn't seen the same way from my opponent.

It was just plain sex for him, nothing more and nothing less.

"I prepared some medication for your headache." He gestured to the bedside table, making me turn around. "Thanks." I mumbled, my eyes catching the glass of water and the ibuprofen which looked so temping right now, but my mind had other intentions.

I swivelled back around, feeling my heart to close to shattering the longer I stood here drowning with regret, "I need to get changed." I timidly voiced, moving my gaze back to him.